It’s always possible to make an amazing comeback in real estate. Erik Hatch, a broker with a net profit of nearly $1 million last year, is living proof of that. 4 years ago, Erik was fired from a brokerage. Shortly after, he was cheated out of roughly $150 thousand by the next brokerage that took him in. Last year, Erik’s company Hatch Realty closed 594 transactions for approximately $127 million in sales volume, and their numbers are looking even better this year. Tune in and hear how Erik managed to come back in a major way after some serious setbacks on this episode of Real Estate Rockstars!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Erik’s brief bio [3:58]
- The number of transactions Hatch Realty closed last year [4:50]
- Erik’s net profit last year [5:43]
- Why Erik got fired from a brokerage 4 years ago [6:21]
- Where most of Erik’s business comes from today [10:55]
- Why Erik left ministry to start in real estate [12:02]
- How Erik builds relationships to sell more houses [13:29]
- How to attract referrals instead of asking for them [16:05]
- Erik’s team structure and roles [19:22]
- Hatch Realty’s pay structure for listing agents and ISAs [28:42]
- How the buyer process works at Hatch Realty [33:29]
- The thing that keeps great people from starting in real estate [37:12]
- What the average day is like for one of Erik’s buyer agents [38:58]
- How Erik ensures members of his leadership team will stay for the long term [46:00]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Erik Hatch is a native of Fargo, ND and has a beautiful family (wife Emily and children – Finley and Simon). His passions are simple – making a difference and having fun while doing so. Erik is the creator of the Homeless & Hungry movement that has raised close to a million dollars since 2006 for local homeless shelters. His dedication to the community and investment in the place he calls home is unparalleled.
Erik has built the top producing real estate team in North Dakota (source: Wall Street Journal) since 2012. Erik’s real estate team has grown at a record pace – amidst big failures and successes. He is garnering national attention for his efforts. With culture at the core, The Erik Hatch Team has helped over 2,500 families since 2012 with their real estate needs. Erik’s entrepreneurial spirit and gifts of building have elevated his real estate team to one of the top teams in the entire country. Currently, Erik is passionate about a charitable movement with a real estate colleague they created called “Sell A Home, Save A Child.”
Since college (North Dakota State University), Erik has been building events, businesses, charities, and people. He’s an investor at the core – investing his time, talent, and treasures into those around him. Erik has spoken at local, regional, and national conventions. He’s the host of Real Estate Radio – a social media expert – an avid writer – and a pretty poor golfer.
Related Links and Resources:
- Hatch Coaching
- Hatch Realty
- Facebook | Hatch Realty
- Facebook | Hatch Coaching
- Facebook | Personal Page
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now