You’ve probably already heard about most of the methods used to increase real estate sales. You may have even implemented a few of these methods to grow your real estate income successfully. Still, there are always other methods to try in order to make even more real estate sales profits.
For instance, did you know you can increase sales with storytelling? If you want to try using storytelling to increase real estate sales, we’ve given a brief rundown below to get you started. For more detailed information and expert tips on using storytelling for sales, be sure to listen to the complete podcast interview with Heather Ann Havenwood.
Why Storytelling Helps Increase Real Estate Sales
It’s not hard to understand why storytelling for sales is so effective in the real estate industry. When trying to win over a prospective client, everything you say (and how you say it) will impact their final decision. Make your words count by selling yourself in the form of a story, not with a resume or a biography. Ultimately, this approach is more memorable and far more powerful.
How to Use Storytelling for Sales Effectively
Effective storytelling, regardless of intended outcome or impact, relies on structure. If you want to increase real estate sales with storytelling, your stories need structure. Effective sales stories progress in a manner that is easy to follow, and they allow a product or service to shine. As you craft stories with the goal to grow your real estate income, remember to include the following essential components:
- Beginning – In order for your story to make sense to the audience, you need to invest in the setup. Introduce the situation in enough detail for the progression of the story to have impact. You might want to consider touching on your unique reasons for becoming a real estate agent.
- Middle – The stages that make up the meat of your story should demonstrate progression. In your story, you might want these stages to include your early years as an agent, the stepping stones that led to your current success.
- End – As your story comes to a close, you want to ensure your message comes across clearly. If you’re trying to sell your services as an agent, you really want your story’s conclusion to communicate how you’ve become a top agent who can handle clients’ real estate needs.
Tips for Telling Stories to Increase Real Estate Sales
Following the structure detailed above will allow you to craft a good story. To craft a great story that will grow your real estate income, keep the following storytelling for sales tips in mind:
- Build a connection – Strive to craft a story that people will connect with, not a sales pitch. While you can and should sell your services via your story, building that initial connection should be your priority.
- Keep it concise – You should put thought into your story, and details are important, but you want to get your message across in a clear, concise manner. Think quality over quantity.
For more information on using storytelling to increase real estate sales, including a complete breakdown of the different storytelling stages, be sure to listen to the complete podcast interview with Heather Ann Havenwood.
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now