Want to build an impressive property portfolio but aren’t sure where to start? Today’s guest, Joe Fairless, is here to help. Joe is the host of the Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever podcast and has interviewed over 1,000 of the top real estate investors; he’s also managed to build a property portfolio worth more than 100 million dollars in a very short period of time. Needless to say, Joe knows a thing or two about real estate investing! On today’s show, Joe shares the top 7 things he’s learned from guests and personal experience about investing in real estate, including a simple 3-step process for partnering wisely. Don’t miss out on the chance to learn from a true real estate investment rockstar on today’s episode!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Joe’s brief background [2:20]
- What Joe’s personal journey to real estate success taught him [4:26]
- How to buy more than 100 million dollars’ worth of property in a short period of time [6:22]
- The 3-step process for partnering wisely [7:58]
- Joe’s business model for real estate investments [13:06]
- How Joe met his latest big-dollar investor [15:18]
- An example of Joe creating opportunities in a hot market [20:28]
- What a thought-leadership platform does for anyone starting out in the business [26:40]
- The 4th most important thing Joe learned by interviewing nearly 1,000 real estate investors [29:00]
- Which deals Joe makes the most money on [32:16]
- Why you’re missing out on money if you’re just wholesaling [33:38]
- The difference between a joint venture and syndication [35:02]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Joe Fairless designs his life so he can spend time pursuing his passions and purpose. And, his life’s purpose is helping people achieve financial success.
Joe believes when he helps people achieve financial success that would have a crazy good impact on the world. He used to think he’d work at an advertising agency his whole life. But, after climbing the corporate ladder from junior project manager to becoming a vice president before his 30th birthday, Joe decided it was time to leave the industry.
Fortunately, Joe invested in learning real estate while working at his full-time job. He went to seminars, read books, and received mentorship from people who had done what he wanted to do. By the time Joe left advertising in December 2012, he owned four single family homes that produced monthly income. It wasn’t enough to live off of but it sure helped out considering he no longer had a job. He then created his real estate investing company, Fairless Investing.
After six months of intense/fun/challenging/emotional rollercoaster stuff, Joe closed on a 168-unit apartment community. For that deal he had to raise over $1,000,000 from private investors. There are 12 of them and no one is a family member.
Joe now controls over $135,000,000 of real estate with a specific focus on value-add multifamily acquisitions. He’s also host of the popular podcast; Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever show which is the world’s longest running daily real estate podcast. He currently resides in Cincinnati, Ohio and is on the Alumni Advisory Board for The College of Media and Communication at Texas Tech University and the Board of Directors for Junior Achievement.
Related Links and Resources:
- Joe Fairless: Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever | Weird Entrepreneurs
- Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever (Volume 1) by Joe Fairless (Author), Theo Hicks (Contributor)
- Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever: Volume 2 by Joe Fairless (Author), Theo Hicks (Contributor)
- Best Ever Show – Joe Fairless
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now