Are you a new agent who needs help hitting high sales numbers or an experienced agent looking to up your game? If so, today’s episode with rookie Real Estate Rockstar Parker Pemberton! In his 1st year as an agent, Parker sold 80 homes; 55 of those sales came directly from Zillow leads. Hear how Parker manages to have such incredible success with Zillow leads and learn about the tools, tricks, and tips that helped him hit rockstar-level sales faster than 99% of other agents. Once you’ve heard this episode, be sure to check out Pat’s interview with Parker’s father, veteran agent Steve Pemberton.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- When Parker started in real estate [4:40]
- How much Parker made in gross commissions his first year [5:21]
- What Parker did on his first day as a new agent [8:38]
- The number of houses Parker sold in his first 3 months [9:18]
- How to set up a lead conversion system the right way [12:03]
- How Parker categorizes his leads [12:28]
- The best problem to have in real estate and Parker’s solution to it [13:42]
- Parker’s choices for CRM and autoresponder software [15:15]
- A roleplay of Parker’s process with inbound leads from Zillow [16:39]
- How Parker closes with buyers [19:35]
- Parker’s method for classifying leads as hot, warm, or cold [22:59]
- One way Parker managed to cut down on paperwork and free up time [25:40]
- What percentage of Parker’s day is spent doing dollar-productive activities [27:39]
- Additional tips on converting Zillow leads [28:30]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Growing up in a real estate family, Parker had the opportunity to learn the business from a very young age. He remembers going on his first listing appointment at the age of five, tagging along with his father, Steve Pemberton, his current partner and mentor.
“I remember driving around the neighborhoods of Apple Valley (where I grew up) and my dad would be pointing out which homes he had sold and the unique features of each. I remember him explaining the different styles of architecture and the difference in layouts. I was probably the only five-year-old who knew what a four-level split was.”
Parker attended Apple Valley schools before venturing off to college at the University of Minnesota and later the University of New Mexico, where he played on the Men’s Golf Team. Parker traveled the country after college, making a living as a professional golfer for five years. After tearing two ligaments in his shoulder and rehabbing for over a year, he decided it was time to move back to Minnesota and pursue a new business venture, a landscaping service company servicing Dakota and Scott Counties.
Parker ran and grew his company, “Go 2 Guys,” for three years and was awarded the “Angie’s List: Super Service Award” each year of operation. This award, voted on by consumers, is given out to only the top 5% of service companies in Minnesota. Parker started with a walk-behind lawn mower and built the business to nearly 500 seasonal accounts in just a few years.
In March of 2016, Parker earned his real estate license on his 30th birthday and hasn’t looked back. Armed with years of exposure to the real estate business from growing up watching his dad, as well as the entrepreneurial experience from creating and growing a business, Parker soon became one of the top selling real estate agents in Dakota County and the State of Minnesota, helping nearly 100 families buy or sell a home in his first 12 months in the business.
“It’s been an unbelievable amount of hard work from day one, but it’s work that I absolutely love. Helping somebody buy their first home or helping a family move onto another chapter in their life is a very emotional experience for both the client and me. I can honestly say I have never had a dull day of work since getting into this business. Most people feel real estate is a SALES business, but I’m convinced it’s a SERVICE business and I approach it that way.”
Parker and team are members of Coldwell Banker Burnet’s “President’s Club Top 50” and ranked 8th in residential sales and 13th in residential listings for Coldwell Banker Burnet teams in Minnesota.
Related Links and Resources:
- Pemberton Homes Team
- Zillow Reviews | Parker Pemberton
- Download the Free Home Buying Process for New Buyers here!
- Angie’s List: Home is where our heart is.
- Contactually: CRM and Contact Management Software for Real Estate and Small Business
- Agent Legend: Automatically send personalized Voice Mails, Text Messages, and Emails without lifting a finger.
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me, or call 410.750.6746, and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now