Get ready to dig deep into disruptive technology for real estate investing crowdfunding with Nav Athwal – the Founder and CEO of RealtyShares. In this podcast, Pat and Nav give you an in-depth look into exactly how individuals can invest in real estate using the RealtyShares platform. This is truly and informative and interesting podcast for anyone interested in real estate investing and what the future of investing may look like as more and more disruptive technology takes hold.
Nav Athwal is the Founder and CEO of RealtyShares, a curated online marketplace for real estate investing. His platform connects individual and institutional investors to private U.S. real estate investments, raising $200 million across more than 400 deals in 31 states. Prior to founding RealtyShares, Nav was a real estate and land use attorney in San Francisco, representing developers, fund managers, nonprofits and public and private REIT’s on some of the largest US real estate and renewable energy projects. Nav holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from UC Davis and a J.D. from UC Berkeley Law School where he was Class Valedictorian. Nav is also is a regulator contributor to Forbes and TechCrunch.
Join us as Nav shares his mindset and a glance at his journey to becoming a Real Estate Rockstar by transforming the real estate investment landscape.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Nav’s brief bio [3:55]
- How RealtyShares works for those interested in investing in real estate [5:42]
- Why Nav decided to get into this type of business [6:10]
- What kind of due diligence is done to choose investment opportunities for RealtyShares [8:59]
- The minimum criteria, track record and qualifications required to raise money through RealtyShares [11:04]
- What type of returns can an investor expect [13:00]
- Non-accredited investors vs accredited investors – The law on who can participate in the online platform [17:35]
- How investing from one state to the other works when investing on RealtyShares [19:11]
- The evolution of real estate as an asset class [21:16]
- Ownership requirements for projects – Equity vs. Total capital required [23:48]
- How RealtyShares ensures investors are protected [25:16]
- A look at minimum investor returns [28:56]
- What to consider when considering investing in these types of platforms [30:20]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more!
Related Links and Resources:
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me, or call 410.750.6746, and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now