Hoping for some hot sales figures this summer? You might be disappointed. Redfin’s chief economist, Nela Richardson, joins us to discuss current trends in real estate and offer predictions on where the market is going. She covers the reasons why the housing boom expected by so many experts never came and the signs indicating that summer sales figures will be lower than usual. Fortunately for listeners, Nela also shares her thoughts on the best things agents can do to prosper in a declining market. Listen in and listen up as a real estate expert presents the information and advice you’ll need to succeed as an agent this year.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Nela’s brief background [2:55]
- Why having a data-driven real estate company is so important [4:44]
- Where both baby boomers and millennials want to live [7:31]
- Reasons why the expected housing boom never came [8:11]
- How the average agent’s job has shifted in recent years [12:51]
- The best advice for home buyers this year [19:02]
- Why Nela thinks home sales will be lower this summer [21:58]
- What the underlying issue with today’s market really is [22:49]
- How Redfin differs from other real estate companies [24:47]
- Current trends with rentals and Nela’s opinion on the future of rental investments [26:31]
- The best things agents can do to prosper in a declining market [28:13]
- What it’s like working as a Redfin agent [29:49]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Nela Richardson is the Chief Economist for Redfin, where she leads a team of data analysts and economists in helping consumers understand real estate data and trends as well as their interaction with the overall economy, and why these things matter to buyers and sellers of real estate. Nela was previously senior economist at Bloomberg Government, where she analyzed housing policy and financial regulation. Before that, Nela served as a research economist at the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and a researcher at Harvard University’s Joint Center for Housing Studies. She also worked at Freddie Mac as a senior economist. Nela has a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Maryland as well as degrees from the University of Pennsylvania and Indiana University.
Related Links and Resources:
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me, or call 410.750.6746, and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now