Complacency kills real estate careers, and it’s more important than ever for agents to deliver world-class service. RE/MAX CEO Adam Contos knows this, and he’s committed to helping his agents be the best at what they do. On today’s show, Adam describes the traits that define today’s top agents. He then shares how any agent can improve their business – and our industry’s reputation – by striving to better serve clients. Adam also offers insight into RE/MAX’s plans for the future, explains why agents shouldn’t fear market changes, and more.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Adam’s brief bio [1:55]
- Why RE/MAX bought booj [2:50]
- The tech RE/MAX will roll out for its agents [4:36]
- RE/MAX’s value proposition [9:50]
- The three types of real estate agents [11:25]
- The dangers of complacency [12:24]
- What makes real estate agents look bad [14:20]
- How RE/MAX is helping brokerages increase profitability [17:05]
- RE/MAX’s efforts to increase its valuation [19:40]
- Why consumers need buyer’s agents [25:55]
- Adam’s opinion on the decoupling of the commission [29:16]
- Why agents shouldn’t fear market changes [30:21]
- How to connect with consumers via video [32:06]
- RE/MAX’s support of the Children’s Miracle Network [33:51]
- What it’s like working with RE/MAX founder Dave Liniger [37:18]
- Adam’s ideal real estate agent [39:07]
- Why agents need to be compassionate [41:22]
- Adam’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [43:15]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Adam Contos is Chief Executive Officer of RE/MAX, responsible for providing strategic direction on all aspects of major RE/MAX corporate decisions, operations and resources of the company.
Following a successful career in law enforcement, Adam came to the RE/MAX organization in 2003 as an independent contractor presenting a safety training program he created specifically for real estate professionals. He introduced his highly regarded S.A.F.E.R. (Safety Awareness For Every Realtor) program to RE/MAX Affiliates and other agents across North America.
In 2004, he joined RE/MAX full-time as a Senior Franchise Development Consultant for the RE/MAX Mountain States Region. He was named Region Vice President the following year.
In 2007, soon after RE/MAX, LLC acquired the formerly independent RE/MAX California & Hawaii Region, Adam was named its Region Vice President. In 2010, he moved to the RE/MAX Florida Region, which under his leadership was named Region of the Year for both 2011 and 2012. He was promoted to Vice President, Region Development, in 2013 and shifted his focus to Business Development in February 2014. Adam was promoted to Senior Vice President, Marketing in February 2015. In January 2016, he was promoted to Chief Operating Officer and in May 2017 he was promoted to Co-CEO. Adam was named Chief Executive Officer in February 2018.
Adam grew up in Denver, studied criminal justice at Metropolitan State College of Denver and earned an Executive MBA from the University of Denver. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves from 1990 to 1996 and was honorably discharged as a sergeant.
From 1993 to 2004, Adam worked for the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office in Colorado, advancing through a number of positions, including Deputy Sheriff, Corporal/Investigator, Sergeant of Court Services and Detentions Division, SWAT Tactical Commander, and Lieutenant (Watch Commander) for the Patrol Division.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- Get Tribe of Millionaires by Pat Hiban and David Osborn for FREE
- RE/MAX – Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Home Values, Agents and Advice
- Children’s Miracle Network
- Adam Contos’ Podcast: Start with a Win
- Download Adam’s A Week’s Worth of Real Estate Wisdom from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!