Carl Carter’s mother, a successful real estate broker, was taken too soon. In September of 2014, Beverly Carter went to show a couple of potential buyers a house. Little did she know, the husband and wife who claimed to be interested in the home were actually planning to kidnap her for ransom. When things didn’t work out for them as planned, they murdered Beverly.
Now, years later, Carl is still haunted by this terrible event. He’s made it his mission to prevent similar tragedies by promoting safer agent practices. Today, he joins Pat to share advice on meeting new clients, offer recommendations on safety apps, and discuss the topic of agent safety in detail. This is an incredibly important episode of Real Estate Rockstars. Please don’t miss it.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- The tragic story of Beverly Carter’s last showing [2:39]
- Safety recommendations for real estate agents [16:09]
- Why the Forewarn app is on Carl’s radar [18:58]
- Another app that helps keep agents safe [21:30]
- Carl’s thoughts on meeting potential clients for the first time [23:02]
- How brokers should promote agent safety [25:50]
- Ways to protect yourself at open houses [27:14]
- What a Wearsafe button is and how it can keep you safer [28:49]
- Where to get Carl’s client identification form [31:42]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Carl is also a REALTOR® and the Founder of the Beverly Carter Foundation. His mom, Realtor® Beverly Carter, lost her life at the hands of two clients in 2014. Since his mother’s passing, Carl has dedicated as much time as possible to spreading the message of safety. Carl is a Certified Franklin Covey Facilitator, a DDI Certified Facilitator, and an Achieve Global Educator.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Beverly Carter Foundation | Improving Safety for All Real Estate Agents
- Facebook | Beverly Carter Foundation
- Forewarn: Know Your Prospects… In Seconds
- Trust Stamp: Be Known – Be Safe – Be Trusted In Under 2 Minutes
- Wearsafe: Wearable Safety Devices for Personal Security
- Get Carl’s Client Profile Form here!
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now