Plenty of real estate professionals run Facebook ads to bring in business, but how many actually run their business from Facebook? Charles Burgess is one of the few brokers who uses Workplace by Facebook to communicate with and manage his team, and he claims it’s changed his business for the better. On today’s Real Estate Rockstars, Charles explains how he uses Facebook in all facets of his business, including both management and marketing. He also shares strategies for staying relevant on social media, advice on promoting listings, and more. Don’t miss it!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Charles’ brief bio [1:06]
- The number of homes Charles’ team sold last year [2:51]
- Charles’ GCI and profit figures [3:49]
- Why buyer’s agents on Charles team make more [7:19]
- How Charles promotes his listings [11:40]
- The first thing clients see when walking into Charles’ office [13:47]
- How to build an audience on Facebook [18:00]
- Where Charles gets his listings [20:44]
- What the Rutherfordton real estate market has to offer [22:07]
- How to be relevant on social media [25:22]
- Where Charles learned about team building [30:43]
- How to master social situations [35:36]
- What Workplace by Facebook offers [37:25]
- A tool for creating attractive websites, marketing materials, and more [41:07]
- Charles’ donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [42:55]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Along with his long-time friend and business partner, Blue Pittman, Charles co-founded the ‘Burgess-Pittman & Co. of Keller Williams Realty’ Team in the Fall of 2015 after 8+ years of successfully working with buyers and sellers as an individual top producing agent in the area.
A life-long native of Rutherford County, Charles attended NC State University for 2 years and ultimately graduated from UNC-Charlotte with a BA in Marketing and Managerial Leadership. Raised in a ‘real estate’ family, it was a natural fit that Charles would return home after college and join the business. He and his wife, Ashley, reside in Rutherfordton, NC and have two boys who keep them active in the community, especially in youth sports where Charles is often found coaching. Outside of work and family, Charles is a lover many things related to health and fitness, an avid golfer and is secretly addicted to podcasts!
“The vision we had when we co-founded our team was two-fold … one, that we would create lives worth living for everyone on our team, where we all love what we do each and every day so much so that it can’t help but radiate to those around us & two, deliver a ‘Wow Experience’ to our clients that’s never been available here in our area where they’ll feel empowered to make confident decisions and know they’ve got a team of specialists with them each and every step of the transaction. Along with a valued relationship that carries on well past the closing date. Everything we do now is focused around these two beliefs and as a result, our team and our business has grown and we’re delivering a service to our clients that we are extremely proud of.”
When it comes to utilizing cutting-edge technology to market their seller’s listings, whether it be on social media sites like Facebook; pay-per-click websites like Google, Bing or Yahoo; or even the largest real estate sites in the world, such as on Zillow & Trulia, their team’s Lead Listing Specialist and Co-Team Leader, Charles, has consistently been a leader in the area for many years. As a certified Strategic Listing Specialist (SLS) and Strategic Pricing Specialist (SPS), Charles has earned advanced skills and designations in various areas related to the seller’s side of a transaction, enabling him to better serve the BP&Co seller clients.
His plan has proven time & time-again that Charles has the skills, knowledge and experience accompanied by the tools, systems and support staff to help his clients sell for more money, and with the least amount of time and hassle along the way. With literally hundreds of listings sold since obtaining his license right out of college in 2007, you can be confident that you will be working with one of the top listing agents in the area when selling your property.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Rebus University’s Certified Team Agent Course
- Rebus University’s Certified Buyer Agent Course
- Burgess-Pittman & Co. | Currently Redefining the Real Estate Status Quo… One Phenomenal Experience at a Time!
- Facebook | Charles Burgess
- Facebook | Burgess-Pittman & Co. of Keller Williams
- Slack | Where Work Happens
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Download Charles’ Buyer Guide from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!