Start closing multimillion-dollar deals by taking on clients in commercial real estate. Despite what you may have heard, selling commercial real estate isn’t much different from selling houses as a residential real estate agent. Today’s guest, Charlie Butler, transitioned from residential to commercial real estate, and he’s here to tell our audience how he did it. Charlie also offers advice on getting multifamily residential listings and attempts to dispel the myth that keeps agents out of commercial real estate. Learn what it takes to make it as a commercial real estate agent on this episode of Real Estate Rockstars!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Charlie’s brief bio [4:36]
- How much business Charlie’s team did last year [5:50]
- The website that helped Charlie sell one multifamily property for a ridiculously high price [7:01]
- How Charlie brought in tons of business from out of state [11:01]
- Advice from Charlie on getting multifamily residential listings [13:18]
- Why Charlie is happy even when his listings don’t sell [14:50]
- How syndication is affecting the multifamily market [25:37]
- A myth that keeps residential agents out of commercial real estate [27:58]
- The differences between commercial agents and residential agents [28:58]
- How Charlie advertises to commercial clients [30:52]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
The Charlie Butler Team is a team of 7 licensed real estate professionals working in the Evansville area.Charlie earned his Real Estate salesperson license in 1999 and started his career with The Realty Group. From 1999 to 2008, Charlie sold over $300 million in real estate, had over 3000 transactions, and was #1 Realtor in the Evansville Area in transactions by the Association of Realtors 5 years in a row. By 2006, he was ranked among the top 100 realtors in the country. In January 2009, Charlie and business partner Jennifer McBride, started Capital Realty and Associates. By the end of the first year, the company had grown exponentially and was named #3 out of 68 companies in the Evansville area by the Association of Realtors.
Charlie was elected to the Southwest Indiana Association of Realtors Board of Directors in 2010. With a solid foundation, Capital Realty and Associates continued to grow and provide exceptional service to the Evansville area. In 2011, after many offers from various companies, Charlie found the technology to effectively support his clients, the growth potential that his team needed, and most importantly, the culture that his team lives by at Keller Williams. After an 8-month process, Charlie and Jennifer brought Keller Williams to Evansville.
Keller Williams takes a different approach to real estate, one that is built on culture. At Keller Williams, we know that ‘Character builds Culture’ and is the backbone of our belief system. The Associates find fulfillment in their daily surroundings and strive to be the best they can be for their clients and peers.
For the last six years the team has been named among America’s Best Real Estate Agents Indiana by Real Trends for number of transactions. In 2012, the team was named among the top 250 teams in the country by transaction by the Wall Street Journal. With over 75 years of combined experience, Charlie and his team are dedicated to serving you. The team utilizes the latest technologies, market research and business strategies to exceed your expectations. The team’s mission is to provide the most exceptional customer service to create the best possible experience for every client.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- The Charlie Butler Team – Residential and Commercial Evansville Real Estate Team
- Charlie’s Previous Podcast Episode
- Facebook | The Charlie Butler Team
- Facebook | Charlie Butler
- LoopNet: Commercial Real Estate for Sale and Lease
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!