Former co-host of the Fox & Friends morning show Clayton Morris made a name for himself on national television, but he made most of his money investing in real estate. In fact, investments in single-family homes are what enabled him to achieve true financial freedom. On today’s podcast, Clayton covers his process for purchasing properties and turning them into profitable rentals. He shares how to select homes, what upgrades to make, and ways to save on rehab costs. Plus, Clayton discusses why the nation’s growing number of investors presents real estate agents with an amazing opportunity for more business before explaining how to capitalize on it.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Clayton’s brief bio [1:57]
- Advice to agents on financial planning [4:54]
- How to get started as a real estate investor [7:50]
- Where Clayton bought his last three investment properties [10:04]
- Why Clayton buys rental homes in established neighborhoods [11:31]
- Clayton’s core philosophy on buying single-family homes [20:50]
- Why A-class properties typically don’t make great rental investments [22:09]
- Why multifamily investments aren’t a good idea right now [24:35]
- Ways to save on rehabbing single-family homes [31:38]
- Why it’s not always necessary to furnish rental properties with appliances [35:51]
- A great opportunity for real estate agents [38:27]
- Clayton’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [41:35]
- What you can learn through Clayton’s Financial Freedom Academy [42:59]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Clayton Morris is an American real estate investor and host of the Investing in Real Estate podcast. He is the former co-host of Fox & Friends Weekend show on Fox News Channel and a former co-host of The Daily Buzz. He covered consumer technology for Fox and hosted weekly technology segments for Fox News Radio and Fox News. On September 4, 2017, he left Fox News.
Clayton graduated with a bachelor’s degree from the University of Pittsburgh in 1999. He attended Wilson High School and was a frequent guest-panelist on the Fox News late-night satire show, Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld.
Clayton found that the only true way is to create passive income through real estate investing. And the only way to start on this journey is to understand your Freedom Number. He is a husband and father of three amazing children.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Episode 631 with Clayton Morris
- Episode 355 of the Investing in Real Estate Show with Mike Michalowicz
- Clayton Morris | Website
- Morris Invest
- Podcast – Morris Invest
- Download Clayton’s Ultimate Passive Income Guide from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!