Are you embarrassed to call yourself a Realtor? After some bad experiences working with “professionals” in this industry, Jay O’Brien was. He adopted the title “Anti-Realtor” and vowed to deliver seven-star service in an industry where just average is considered good enough. On today’s Real Estate Rockstars, Jay shares exactly what agents can do to go above and beyond for clients. If you implement his ideas instead of sending thank-you notes and giving gift cards like most agents, you’re virtually assured repeat clients and a wealth of referrals.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Jay’s brief bio [3:28]
- Why Jay calls himself the “Anti-Realtor” [4:04]
- How to build an army of referral business [7:34]
- Ways to get seven stars in a three-star industry [9:37]
- Things you can do to go above and beyond for clients [18:13]
- Why giving gift cards is a bad idea [29:33]
- Life events that warrant gifts for past clients [34:04]
- Jay’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [41:39]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Jay O’Brien, a licensed REALTOR® and Managing Partner of RE/MAX Prestige, is helping agents and consumers alike re-think their real estate reality. With unprecedented candor, Jay challenges agents from all generations to take a fresh look at industry norms that may be holding them back and under-serving their clients. As a modern thought-leader, Jay focuses on developing ways to offer highly effective real estate experiences from start to finish. Consistently selling more homes than 99% of agents in California through referrals alone, Jay “doubles down” on a specific approach to retain clients and maximize the strength of existing relationships. Jay has been awarded the “30 Under 30” recognition by the National Association of REALTORS® and currently writes as a contributor for Inman News, REALTOR® Magazine, and speaks in various countries around the world on business development, client retention, and life.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Jay O’Brien – Real Estate Consultant | Public Speaker
- Jay O’Brien – RE/MAX Prestige
- Jay O’Brien – Inman Connect NYC 2018
- Client Giant – The World’s First Client Experience Agency
- Download Jay’s Seven Star Service Powerpoint in our Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!