At the end of the day, how much you make in real estate doesn’t matter. What matters is how much you’re able to keep. On today’s podcast, Michael Hellickson of Club Wealth joins Pat to discuss what it takes to boost a real estate business’ profitability. In addition to sharing ways for agents to reduce overhead, Michael outlines a clear path to profitability during periods of growth. Listen and learn what you can do to scale business affordably, the best way to build a real estate team, and more.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Michael’s brief bio [2:46]
- The 70/30 rule [6:33]
- Why agents don’t need nice cars [7:34]
- Tips on picking the right CRM for your business [10:34]
- Michael’s CRM recommendations [13:55]
- Advice on building a real estate team [19:22]
- How to stay profitable while growing [21:36]
- Profit margins to shoot for [28:11]
- What to do once you step out of production [30:00]
- Training and accountability tips [32:22]
- Examples of good reasons for building a team [34:43]
- Why new agents should join a team [37:14]
- Michael’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [37:55]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Michael Hellickson was a real estate agent for over 20 years, listing and selling over 100 homes/month. Michael Hellickson began his real estate career in 1991 and has been among the top 1% of all agents nationally, before he even graduated high school! With over 417 Retail and Short Sale Listings/Closings, and more than 325 REO’s in under 10 months, it’s no surprise that Michael skyrocketed to becoming Washington State’s (and the entire Northwest’s) #1 real estate agent and also one of the top REO brokers in the nation. At the pinnacle of his career, Michael and his team were literally #1 Nationwide, out of over 1,000,000 real estate agents/teams!
Additionally, Hellickson is considered by most to be the #1 short sale expert in the World. During his career, Hellickson has spoken to thousands of agents and organizations nationwide and has also been featured on several national television and radio programs including Glenn Beck, CNBC, The Dave Ramsey Show, and The Fox Business Network among many other local and regional programs.
Hellickson is also the founder and president of ClubWealth® Coaching. Hellickson and his team of top-producing coaches mentor and train agents, lenders, servicers, outsourcers, World and community leaders, brokers and salespeople in various industries Worldwide on topics ranging from REO and short sales to managing your profit and loss and running your business like a S.H.A.R.P. CEO™. Michael, his wife Tara, and their two children (Austin and Madison) make their home in Bonney Lake Washington where they are active in their church, sports, outdoor activities and various philanthropic efforts.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Episode 250 with Michael Hellickson
- Club Wealth | Real Estate Coaching
- Twitter | Michael Hellickson
- Twitter | Club Wealth
- Facebook | Michael Hellickson
- Facebook | CLub Wealth
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
- Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- Wise Agent | The Most Powerful All-in-One Real Estate CRM
- LionDesk | Integrated CRM Platform for Sales and Business Professionals
- Listings to Leads | A Full Real Estate Marketing and Lead Generations System
- Firepoint | Best Real Estate CRM by Agents, for Agents
- CINC | Better Leads. Higher Conversion. Faster Growth.
- BoomTown | Real Estate Software for Agents and Brokers
- Infusionsoft | Small Business CRM and Marketing Automation
- Michael’s Video on Real Estate Teams
- Download Club Wealth’s Team Overview from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!