A lot of new agents seem to think that showing up is all it takes to make it in real estate; this is the W-2 mindset. We hate to break it to you, but you’ll never succeed in this industry if you’re not willing to work for it. On part two of Real Estate Rockstars episode 942, BiggerPockets’ David Greene explains how flawed thinking holds new agents back and what it takes to break the cycle of mediocrity. Plus, Aaron and David discuss some of the latest real estate news and offer some quick, simple tips for investors.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- THE book for new real estate agents [2:57]
- David’s advice for inexperienced agents [7:27]
- The W-2 mindset [8:01]
- How to get a great real estate mentor [10:19]
- What agents can learn from a doctor’s work ethic [17:16]
- David’s thoughts on Biden’s impact on real estate markets [20:48]
- The federal lawsuit to vacate the nationwide eviction ban [22:06]
- 1031 exchanges explained [24:12]
- Quick tips on investing in real estate [28:39]
- How a seemingly insignificant shift in interest rates can massively impact markets [30:05]
- What could cause iBuyers to go under [32:49]
- Why agents must be ready to accept change [39:01]
- Plus, so much more.
David Greene is a former Police Officer and co-host of the BiggerPockets Real estate podcast. The author of best selling books “Long Distance Real Estate Investing”, “Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat”, and “Sell Your Home For Top Dollar”, David is passionate about helping others build wealth through real estate and runs the blog “GreeneIncome.com”. A nationally recognized authority on real estate, David has been featured on CNN, Forbes, and HGTV as well as over 25 different real estate podcasts. A licensed real estate broker and lender, David runs “The David Greene Team”, a top producing real estate company in Keller Williams where he has won multiple awards for production and teaches agents how to excel in building their business. An active real estate investor, David owns single family properties across the county, shares in apartment complexes, notes, shares in note funds, and flips houses.
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- Enroll in Pat Hiban’s 6 Weeks to 7 Figures Course
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- SOLD: Every Real Estate Agent’s Guide to Building a Profitable Business by David Greene
- From Major Business Failure to Buying 20 Houses a Month With Aaron Amuchastegui: BiggerPockets Episode 325
- Post-COVID-19 Investing and Landing Great Deals at Auctions with David Osborn and Aaron Amuchastegui: BiggerPockets Episode 396
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.