Are you struggling to juggle marketing, management, and everything else it takes to run a real estate business? David Hill joins us today to explain how you can make more sales with the support of the right expansion team. In addition to covering how an expansion hub helps its partnering teams, David discusses why it’s getting harder for individual agents and small teams to compete these days. Listen to this episode of Real Estate Rockstars and learn why joining an expansion team might be right for you.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- David’s brief bio [1:44]
- A mistake that cost David a lot of business [4:39]
- Why David decided to join an expansion team [9:00]
- How the expansion hub supports David’s team [12:48]
- Why good leadership is so important to David [17:17]
- Ideas disrupting the real estate industry [20:18]
- Why it’s getting harder to compete in real estate [24:44]
- What agents have to do to get FSBOs these days [29:57]
- David’s thoughts on Internet leads [32:04]
- How to compete with teams as a solo agent [33:07]
- The one thing all agents should be doing [37:22]
- Where to get David’s tracking form [38:45]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
David Hill is a leading expert on telephone prospecting. Over the past 28 years, he has worked as a salesperson in numerous industries and depended primarily on the phone to make sales. When other salespeople have switched to email or social media to reach contacts, David has stayed true to the communication medium of his roots. In doing so, he’s invested approximately 30,000 hours talking to prospects on the phone, which is equivalent to a triple master’s degree in phone prospecting.
David’s experience selling over the phone started as a kid when he took his first job as a telemarketer. He quickly learned that what seemed to be a frustrating and difficult job for his peers came surprising easy for him. After his second telemarketing job, David helped build a magazine called Condo Media, where he spent most of his day cold-calling businesses to sell advertising.
David has spent much of his sales career in real estate, a highly competitive selling industry. In his first year at Keller Williams in 2002, David sold 42 homes through phone prospecting, far surpassing the average of only six homes per rep. In 2006, David founded Hill Team Associates, a sales division under KW, where he currently serves as CEO.
This is where he realized his passion for helping salespeople improve their skills to advance their careers. David’s drive and talent have enabled him to rise through the ranks of KW where he is now a member of the Gary Keller Private Mastermind, which is comprised of the top 100 agents, who get to mastermind with Gary, 4 times a year. He is one of only 100 certified National Instructors who are paid to teach at a national level—a major achievement considering the 127,000 agents at KW. KW University was awarded #1 Training Organization in 2015 by Training Magazine in 2015.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Website | David Hill
- Hergenrother Realty Group | David Hill
- Path to Mastery – Inspiring Interviews of Salespeople, Trainers, Mentors, & Authors by David Hill
- The Sales Playbook: 11 Simple Strategies to Close More Sales by David Hill
- David Hill’s Previous Podcast: Episode 410
- Adam Hergenrother’s Previous Podcast: Episode 530
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!