People often wonder if leaders are born or made. According to Hans Finzel, an expert on leadership, some leaders are born, but the best leaders are often the ones who have learned how to lead. Over the course of this podcast interview, Hans shares several leadership principles, like the importance of listening to followers, and provides actionable exercises agents can use to master these principles in their daily leadership practices. Hans also explains what millennials want in a boss and how to get better results from employees of any generation with hands-off delegation. Learn how to be the leader your real estate team needs for greater success on today’s episode of Real Estate Rockstars!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Hans’ brief background [3:01]
- The answer to the #1 question about leadership [3:41]
- How learning to be a better leader will help you as an agent [7:04]
- The most important leadership principle [8:59]
- What you can do to become a better listener and learner [11:21]
- How to be the type of boss millennials want [14:34]
- What EQ is and why it has a bigger impact on leadership performance than IQ [16:31]
- How to identify and overcome emotional blind spots [21:47]
- Ideas on communicating effectively with a small real estate team [24:30]
- What servant leadership is all about [27:15]
- Why hands-off delegation will get you better results from employees [30:47]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Hans Finzel is a successful author, mentor, speaker and trusted authority in the field of leadership. Hans has trained leaders internationally on five continents. He and Donna founded HDLeaders in 2012 where he serves as President. Prior to that, Hans completed twenty years as President and CEO of international non-profit WorldVenture. Hans and his wife Donna spent ten years living in Vienna, Austria while training leaders throughout Eastern Europe behind the Iron Curtain before the fall of communism. He has an earned doctorate in the field of leadership from Fuller School of Intercultural Studies. He has served on the Board of Trustees of Columbia International University (CIU.EDU) for twenty years. Hans is host of “The Leadership Answer Man” Podcast. He is the author of ten books, including his bestseller The Top Ten Mistakes Leaders Make(David C Cook) and his newest release Top Ten Ways To Be A Great Leader(David C Cook). His books have been published in over twenty foreign languages.
Related Links and Resources:
- Amazon | Hans Finzel Books
- The Leadership Answer Man Podcast
- The Top Ten Mistakes Leaders Make by Hans Finzel
- Top Ten Ways to Be a Great Leader by Hans Finzel
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now