Returning guest Jeff Cohn makes over $1 million per year, even if he never sets foot in his office. That’s because he built his real estate team based on an entirely different type of business model. In his previous podcast, Jeff talked about what makes this model ideal for business owners. Today, Jeff shares some of the secrets to running a team like his successfully, including the three pillars of building a real estate team and the best system for holding agents accountable. Jeff even explains exactly what a team must offer in order to retain its best agents. If you’re interested in building a team that runs itself, you won’t want to miss this episode!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Jeff’s GCI and profit figures for last year [1:55]
- The structure of Jeff’s team [3:22]
- Why teams often shy away from part-time agents [4:20]
- Ways to make working with part-time agents profitable [5:15]
- Examples of what you’ll learn by taking the CTA course [8:13]
- How Jeff retains agents [10:50]
- The three pillars of building and scaling a real estate team [11:09]
- Items of value to offer your agents [16:12]
- How Jeff holds his agents accountable [18:58]
- Failures that resulted in Jeff losing agents [28:10]
- Why 2018 is the year of virtual agents [33:15]
- Advice to those who want to open a brick-and-mortar brokerage [41:20]
- What it takes to open a Keller Williams franchise [44:46]
- What Jeff donated to the Agent Success Toolbox [50:54]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Jeff grew up in Omaha, Nebraska and graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, with his course of study including classes in real estate.
As Nebraska’s #1 Team, Jeff’s group sold over 100 million dollars in real estate and over 600 sales in 2016. Jeff works as the Owner and Team Leader and is engaged in team development, coaching and recruiting. He believes in saving client’s time and money by implementing the most advanced marketing techniques available while applying the latest negotiating strategies.
Jeff is fluent in Portuguese and adept at conversational Spanish. He enjoys volunteering as a children’s Sunday School Teacher at his church and within the Boy Scouts of America scouting organization. Jeffrey enjoys spending his free time with his wife and three children, as well as, working out, playing golf or squash, and planning his next vacation.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Omaha’s Elite Real Estate Group
- Jeff’s previous podcast: Episode 495
- Facebook | Personal
- Omaha’s Elite Real Estate Group | Facebook
- BoomTown | Real Estate Software Platform
- Certified Team Agent Course | Build the #1 Real Estate Team in Your State!
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!