In real estate, you have the freedom to build a business that truly represents your values. On today’s podcast, Jen Nelson joins us to discuss how she created a team that leads with excellence, expertise, and generosity. Jen also covers how she generates and converts an impressive number of referrals, what it takes to find time for family, and why firing yourself from certain tasks might be best for you and your clients.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- The busiest months for Phoenix real estate [1:35]
- Jen’s start in real estate [4:23]
- Giving clients extra value [7:19]
- What Jen wishes she knew as a new real estate agent [9:34]
- The business-owner mindset [12:52]
- How Jen found deals as a new real estate agent [15:46]
- How Jen gets new clients and generates referrals [16:16]
- Jen’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [22:40]
- Leading with your core values to build a quality team [23:56]
- Jen’s first hires [28:01]
- Advice on solidifying your team’s values [32:08]
- How to navigate the pitfalls of confidentiality [34:27]
- Jen’s favorite Real Estate Rockstars podcast [36:20]
- A strategy for finding more time with friends and family [37:10]
- Where to follow Jen Nelson [40:33]
Award winning real estate professional with experience in residential, commercial and mixed use properties.
Jen bought her first home in 2001 and her first investment property in 2002 and officially fell in love with real estate. She’s worked on hundreds of homes and investment projects over the years.
As a partner in a development company Jen has served on projects encompassing many aspects of real estate. Working with both institutional buying groups and homeowners gives her the unique ability to see a transaction from both a profit margin and a quality of life point of view.
When she’s not working you’ll find Jen playing sports with her kids or running Ragnar relay races and half marathons with other Mom runners.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- The Nelson Group
- Jen Nelson’s Instagram
- Vivid Vision by Cameron Herold
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.