As a child, Jennifer Romero often served as a translator for her Spanish-speaking parents. Now, she’s a highly successful broker who helps Spanish-speaking clients navigate the intricacies of American real estate. In addition to providing clients with free Spanish-language seminars on buying and selling homes, she connects clients with bilingual lenders, lawyers, and title representatives. Her impressive sales and commitment to exceptional client care recently earned her a place among NAR’s 30 Under 30 Honorees. On this podcast, Jennifer shares her inspiring story and gives listeners tips on succeeding—and serving—in today’s competitive real estate markets.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- About 30 Under 30 Honoree Jennifer Romero [2:33]
- About applying for and winning NAR’s 30 Under 30 program [4:00]
- Helping Spanish-speaking clients buy or sell a home [6:15]
- Why Jennifer got into real estate [7:27]
- Starting off as a solo agent and then building a RE/MAX team [9:11]
- How Jennifer gives back to new agents and investors [11:04]
- Typical New Jersey homebuyers [17:39]
- Jennifer’s old-school system for following up with past clients [22:31]
- A strategy for getting repeat and referral business from social media [23:46]
- What the New Jersey real estate market is like [25:31]
- The key to getting buyers’ offers accepted right now [26:39]
- How Jennifer helps her sellers select the right offer [28:48]
- Advice for new real estate agents who are trying to navigate today’s competitive markets [32:38]
- An old-school strategy for finding off-market deals [35:40]
- Jennifer’s biggest tip for real estate agents [37:41]
- Where to find and follow Jennifer Romero [39:57]
As a young professional, Jennifer’s natural ambition, creativity, and positivity has led her to create lasting business relationships throughout her career. She has been a licensed realtor since 2017 and has quickly scaled to the top since then. In 2021, Jennifer and her business partner, Martin decided to embark on a new journey to further service their community by opening the only brand-name brokerage in Hackensack. All while being a broker and office manager, she was ranked in the top 3% of Bergen County Realtors for 2022 by Bergen Magazine and in the Gold Level of the NJAR Circle of Excellence. She has also been consecutively awarded by RE/MAX International and NJAR every year since the start of her real estate career. In 2022, Jennifer was awarded the 30 under 30 award by the National Association of Realtors for her outstanding performance not only as a realtor and broker but also as a contributing member of her community. She prides herself in leading a team that is passionate for real estate and committed to each and every one of their clients. Her prior customer service background taught her that going the extra mile makes all the difference. She is a local expert, residing in Bergen County and servicing the surrounding areas of Hudson, Passaic, Essex, Union, and Morris. Her tech savvy skills, fluency in both Spanish and English, and experience in all facets of real estate from commercial to residential sales and rentals makes her a true asset to any real estate transaction.
Related Links and Resources:
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.