Getting started in real estate is never easy, but few have had as many challenges as broker Joseph Franklin. For years, Joe struggled with addiction. Eventually, his habits landed him in jail. Fortunately, this experience put Joe on a path toward recovery and helped him recreate himself as a successful broker – an inspirational story that you’ll hear on today’s Real Estate Rockstars. You’ll also learn more about addiction, recovery, and what it takes to build yourself back up from nothing. Plus, Joe shares tips that can be used to build a better business and a better you.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Joseph’s story [2:40]
- The mental tricks that addiction can play on a person [8:50]
- How legal troubles can make it hard to get licensed [9:55]
- What it really takes for an addict to make a successful recovery [14:36]
- Pat’s experience working with an addict [17:00]
- How to help an addict as an employer [18:35]
- Why people need and deserve a second chance [20:31]
- What “the next right thing” is and why it matters to Joseph [21:28]
- How Joseph rebuilt his reputation to build his business [27:02]
- Why it’s important to dress for success [29:50]
- Joseph’s plans for the future [31:05]
- The importance of networking [34:33]
- Joseph’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [36:11]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Joseph Franklin, a native of Waterbury, Connecticut, moved to South Florida in the mid-1990’s and was introduced to the real estate business in the early 2000’s. Joseph’s first foray into real estate was unsuccessful and he began to struggle with alcoholism & addiction. His poor choices ultimately landed him in legal trouble and facing prison time. On the verge of homelessness, penniless, saddled with an IRS tax lien and other judgments, without a vehicle or valid driver license, Joseph began to put his life back together. Determined to succeed in real estate, Joseph persevered in a short period of time and quickly went from dealing with pending felony charges to dealing in pending transactions. Beginning as a rental expert, he has continued to ascend the ranks into larger deals, finally breaking into commercial real estate market. Joseph is currently a partner & qualifying broker for Johnston Group Real Estate Services, a commercial & residential real estate company and affiliate of Jupiter, Florida-based Johnston Group Development & Construction, Inc.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- Get Tribe of Millionaires by Pat Hiban and David Osborn for FREE
- Johnston Group Development & Construction
- Joseph’s LinkedIn
- Johnston Group Real Estate Services LLC | Facebook
- Download Joseph Franklin’s Rules for Success in Real Estate from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Your 7-Figure Real Estate Income is 6 Simple Steps Away…
Get a FREE Copy of Pat Hiban’s best-selling book, 6 Steps to 7 Figures: A Real Estate Professional’s Guide to Building Wealth and Creating Your Own Destiny.