Have you heard of house hacking? It’s a great way to get your living expenses paid for while building easy equity. And if you’re anything like investor-turned-agent Jordan Moorhead, it can also be a great niche for a new real estate business. On today’s podcast, Jordan explains how to house hack and what it took to turn it into a highly profitable niche for real estate sales. Plus, Jordan shares the starting strategy that made a second career in real estate feel like earning “a nice bonus check.”
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- About Jordan Moorhead [1:21]
- Jordan’s favorite Real Estate Rockstars episode [2:12]
- An introduction to house hacking [3:04]
- Covid-19’s impact on the fitness industry [6:23]
- Jordan’s first real estate client: a BiggerPockets investor [8:13]
- Doing what you know: how to target your niche [9:11]
- Jordan’s sales stats [12:15]
- On transitioning a real estate business to a new city [14:43]
- House hacking in a seller’s market [18:21]
- The first step in finding a potential house hack [19:09]
- The biggest mistake new house hackers make [19:27]
- The two ways to house hack [21:35]
- Jordan’s regrets as a new real estate agent [23:37]
- Jordan’s goals for 2021 [25:04]
- Tips on networking for more real estate business [28:29]
- Jordan’s podcast: The Austin Real Estate Investing Podcast [32:51]
- Jordan’s long-term business goals [35:11]
- Where to find Jordan’s free house-hacking eBook [36:36]
- Plus so much more.
Jordan Moorhead has been an Entrepreneur since he was a kid. He had a lawn business when he was 13 and walked around putting flyers around the neighborhood. Jordan went the traditional route for a few years and worked jobs while he went to college. Getting laid off while in college was the best thing that ever happened to him.
Jordan started investing in real estate in 2016 and was immediately hooked. He had wanted to be a real estate investor since his early teens but listened too much to others to wait for the “right time”. The right time is always now.
Jordan’s focus now is growing his business, investing in real estate, and helping others get started in real estate as a Realtor.
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- Enroll in Pat Hiban’s 6 Weeks to 7 Figures Course
- Jordan’s Podcast
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.