30 Under 30 Honoree Katie McAllister doubled her business in just one year. What was the secret to her drastic increase in sales? Believe it or not, providing each client with excellent service, regardless of price point, played a major part. Tune in and find out exactly what she did to earn eager referrals from past clients and members her community. Don’t miss it!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Katie McAllister’s recent selection for NAR’s 30 Under 30 [3:28]
- Real estate in Maine [5:21]
- How hard it is for buyers and buyer’s agents right now [6:43]
- Avoiding problems with appraisals [7:21]
- Median home prices in Katie’s market [9:12]
- About Katie McAllister [11:58]
- Katie and Elliot’s shared love for sports [14:04]
- How a sports hobby can help your real estate business [16:16]
- Katie’s favorite follow-up touch [18:09]
- Balancing your follow-up touches [19:23]
- How being a hometown expert can help your real estate business [21:09]
- Katie’s sales figures [22:09]
- The power of real estate referrals and the value of great service [23:24]
- Why agents should work in the office [25:18]
- About McAllister Real Estate [26:27]
- Why agents need business goals [27:49]
- NAR’s Commitment to Excellence program [31:51]
- Creating targeted real estate ads [33:42]
- Best practices for real estate posts on social media [37:44]
- Getting involved with the community [40:04]
- Finding time for yourself [45:59]
- Words of encouragement for agents who are new or struggling [48:17]
- Where to follow Elliot Hoyte and Katie McAllister [51:27]
Katie is a licensed Real Estate Broker for McAllister Real Estate in Hallowell, Maine. She currently sits as Secretary for the Kennebec Valley Board of Realtors and as a Director for the Maine Association of Realtors. She is a National Association of Realtors 30 Under 30 Honoree, class of 2022. She previously sat on numerous committees and councils within the Realtor organization. Katie is one of the founders of the only Young Professional Networks (YPN) in the State of Maine. Katie has completed the National Association of Realtors Commitment to Excellence training program with the designation of Digital Marketing: Social Media.
Katie has her Master’s of Business Administration, Bachelors of Marketing Management and Minor of Sociology from Thomas College in Waterville, Maine. As an undergrad, she had a focus in public relations and human geography. While at Thomas College, she was a major contributor to the Women’s Basketball program, where she scored over 1,000 points and was a member of the Women’s Tennis team.
In addition to her real estate career, Katie serves as a Planning Board Member for the City of Augusta and as the Assistant Coach for the University of Maine at Augusta Women’s Basketball program. Katie is a State of Maine Notary and a IAABO certified basketball referee. She is a team player and believes projects get completed originally, with team collaboration. In her free time, Katie can be found caring for her two beautiful Siberian Huskies, Juneau and Bella.
Related Links and Resources:
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.