Build a successful real estate business working with clients you love! Behavior analysis expert and master of short sales, Kevin Craig, joins us today to discuss how he built a highly successful business by focusing on his niche and creating excellent relationships with clients. Kevin also shares how an agent on his team managed to create a client base of Major League Baseball stars using his system. Believe it or not, a secret cookie recipe played a role! Listen and learn why doing business through relationships is the key to creating profit and loving what you do on this episode of Real Estate Rockstars!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Kevin’s brief bio [2:42]
- How Kevin grew his business during one of the toughest times in real estate [5:25]
- Why Kevin believes in doing business through relationships [8:25]
- The number of houses Kevin’s team sold last year and how much they earned [9:36]
- How to get business in the bankruptcy attorney niche [14:15]
- A script Kevin uses when calling potential clients [15:43]
- How Kevin explains his business model to potential clients [16:54]
- How an agent on Kevin’s team built a client base of MLB players and coaches [26:46]
- Where to get Kevin’s book, The Professional Referral Solution [33:26]
- What agents should do before meeting a prospective client [37:32]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
After a 27 year career as a division manager for The United Parcel Service, Kevin retired at age 46 and started a 2nd career in real estate. He graduated from The Arizona school of Real Estate and Business in 2004 and joined Russ Lyon Realty where he became a multi-million dollar producer within his first 18 months. Kevin has been recognized as a top producer in each subsequent year.
In 2008, Kevin joined Keller Williams Sonoran Living and founded the S4 Group which began by specializing in short sale transactions in a failing economy. As the real estate market struggled, the S4 Group grew and quickly became recognized as short sale experts. Ultimately, S4 became the real estate group of choice for the Arizona Bankruptcy Court System. As the market shifted again, Kevin incorporated another business segment creating a synergy between investors, contractors, and specialized trades in fixing and flipping distressed properties and at the same time, improving neighborhood values. As the market slowly rebounded, Kevin added a luxury division to his S4 Group which today includes luxury resales as well as custom spec homes and build to suit customs.
In 2013, Kevin was ranked #28 in the state of Arizona by RealTrends.com. The S4 Group now has expanded operations into Southern California, Las Vegas and Maui. In 2015, S4 Group was selected as a top producing team with Keller Williams International ranking in the top 100 closing $48.5 million in sales. Kevin resides in Gilbert, Arizona and recently celebrated his 33rd wedding anniversary with his wife Ronda. Kevin and Ronda have 3 married daughters and a total of 10 grandchildren. To clear his mind, Kevin is an avid mountain biker, Cub Scout leader, Hon Kachina selection committee member, and frequent guest speaker for various groups.
Related Links and Resources:
- Facebook | Personal
- Facebook | S4 Group
- The Professional Referral Solution: Residential Real Estate Through Networking, an Alternative to Cold Calls by Kevin Craig
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!