Investors can be your best source of repeat real estate business – if you know how to work with them. Founder of SimplePassiveCashflow.com, Lane Kawaoka, joins us today to discuss how agents can deliver value to investor clients and secure their repeat business. Hear Lane explain what investors want from real estate agents, including the type of comps that really matter to investors looking for cash flow. He also shares his biggest pet peeve regarding agents; it’s the one thing that’s guaranteed to send him looking for business elsewhere. If you want to work with more investors, listen carefully to this Real Estate Rockstars podcast!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Lane’s brief bio [2:51]
- The different classes for rental properties [5:51]
- Lane’s experience renting out Class A properties [7:22]
- What turnkey providers are [9:10]
- Lane’s advice on working with turnkey providers [13:42]
- Pat’s suggestions for people who want to start investing in real estate [15:15]
- What investors look for in rental properties [18:38]
- Lane’s biggest pet peeve [23:15]
- A tool for finding rental estimates quickly [25:37]
- Lane’s opinion on short-term rentals [25:57]
- One of the big risks associated with short-term rentals [28:55]
- Where to get Lane’s property-analysis spreadsheets [34:22]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Lane Kawaoka is a full-time Civil Engineer and Real Estate investor from Honolulu, HI. He currently has a 11 single-family home portfolio with experience in Seattle, Birmingham, Atlanta, Indianapolis, and PA. Lane is also the co-owner of MFPE Investments LLC that currently controls 626 multifamily apartment units.
Lane journals his experiences in “Simple Passive Cashflow” podcast that he puts on iTunes & Google Play. His parents got screwed with the 401K and stock market and it’s Lane’s mission to get everyone out the corrupt Wall Street roller coaster and into Main Street invests with safer, higher returns that benefit the middle class of America.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Simple Passive Cashflow
- Simple Passive Cashflow Podcast
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller, Dave Jenks, Jay Papasan
- Rentometer: House and Apartment Rental Rate Comps
- AirDNA: Airbnb Data & Analytics
- Get Lane’s property-analysis spreadsheets in our Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now