Market changes and personal challenges can wreak havoc on a real estate business. But agents who overcome life’s many curveballs don’t just survive – they thrive. Today’s guest, Matt Hermes, is an excellent example of what perseverance can accomplish. Following the market crash, he was over $250,000 in debt and working part time at Costco just to put food on the table. Now, nearly 10 years later, his real estate business is booming. In 2018, his team closed 163 transactions for $2.2 million in GCI. Hear Matt’s inspiring story, get great tips on listing presentations, and more on today’s Real Estate Rockstars!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Matt’s brief bio [2:52]
- Matt’s GCI and profit figures [4:39]
- Matt’s neighborhood farm [8:50]
- Ways to build a real estate farm [12:00]
- Examples of postcards to send your farm [12:56]
- Why Matt always lists homes on Thursdays [17:43]
- Matt’s team structure [20:01]
- Tips on giving a great listing presentation [21:38]
- Why Matt decided to stop drinking [29:57]
- Matt’s advice on overcoming life’s challenges [36:27]
- Why it’s important to give back [38:11]
- The benefits of buying an office [39:56]
- Matt’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [42:17]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
“The most important home we sell is yours”
#1 Realtor in NE Atlanta in 2016.
Named as a “Best Teams in America” by Real Trends in 2015 and again in 2016.
Ranked as one of the Top 3 Realtors in Atlanta (NAMAR) in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Top 1% of all Keller Williams Agents in the world.
Best of Gwinnett in Realtor category in 2014 and 2015.
As a result of having three children in a period of six months (yes it is possible) Matt’s wife asked that they think about relocating from Charlotte, NC to the Atlanta GA area where her mother and sister lived. After arriving in Atlanta after a 9 month effort to sell their home and dealing with two real estate agents that seemed to only care about money, Matt made the decision to get into the real estate business. He promised himself he would never treat his clients the way they were treated.
Matt’s Team’s mission is to put their “Clients First”. Whether it be a first time home buyer or a multi-million dollar home, you can rest assured their client’s satisfaction is at the top of their list of priorities. Hermes & Associates is a member of the Keller Williams Realty Luxury home division, hold the Realtor designation and many other classifications.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- Get Tribe of Millionaires by Pat Hiban and David Osborn for FREE
- Episode 800 with Tracy Tutor
- Atlanta GA Real Estate | Hermes Realty Group
- Atlanta Homes Guru | Blog
- Facebook | Matt Hermes
- Facebook | Hermes Realty Group
- Download Matt’s Top 20 Things to Do for Your Farm from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!