Have you ever wondered if your real estate commission is worth the hours you put into earning it? Have you ever thought that there might just be a more effective way to grow wealthy with real estate? One time police officer and Texas real estate agent Michael Owen had those same questions and the answers he got took him on a different real estate path – a path that now has him on the fast lane to financial freedom. Hear Michael’s story and how you can take the same path in today’s podcast interview.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Michael’s brief bio [2:32]
- What Michael’s business looked like last year working with buyers and sellers [3:45]
- Michael’s income from flipping houses last year [4:01]
- How Michael did his first house flip [4:56]
- Michael’s funding source from day one going from 1 to 48 houses a year [5:57]
- Why Michael prefers private money from acquaintances versus hard money lenders [8:00]
- Where Michael finds his deals [9:23]
- How Michael gets a list of 50 active flippers in his area [10:49]
- How Michael decides which deals to keep and flip for himself [12:58
- On writing and mailing out 2,500 handwritten prospecting letters monthly [13:59]
- The percentage of homes that Michael wholesales [18:48]
- How long does Michael think the flipping business is going to last at this pace [22:10]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Michael Owen is a licensed real estate agent in Texas. He owns and operates R8 Investment Homes. Together with his wife, they purchase houses that are distressed and at auction. Since they are able to obtain houses at a steep discount, they are able to sell them to their clients at a price much lower than market value.
In 2016, Michael and Thomas Detert also found Flip University which offers free content and training on how to do deals in real estate. Flip University provides detailed information on how to do FLIPS, wholesales, short sales, assignments and rentals. Some of the materials include webinars, online seminars, one-on-one coaching, and e-books. Their goal is to help people who want to escape the daily grind attaining financial freedom through real estate investing.
Related Links and Resources:
- R8 Investment Homes: Priceless Housing at Market-Competitive Pricing
- Flip University
- Flip University | Facebook
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!