Hate your day job? Making less than you deserve? Here’s a simple solution: quit! That’s what Michelle Yoo did in 2010, and she’s had incredible success in real estate ever since. A few years back, her husband decided to do the same, leaving his job as a police officer to work alongside Michelle as her team’s primary listing agent. Now, both Michelle and her husband are making more money than ever doing something that they truly enjoy. Catch today’s podcast and learn how to build a highly successful real estate business from someone who knows exactly what it takes!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Michelle’s brief bio [1:07]
- How many homes Michelle sold in the last 12 months [2:27]
- Michelle’s GCI and profit figures [4:31]
- Why Michelle loves having her own real estate office [9:56]
- Michelle’s buyer-to-seller ratio [12:27]
- Where Michelle gets her leads [13:49]
- The big change to Zillow’s Premiere Agent program [15:08]
- One stat to consider carefully before buying online leads [20:00]
- Why Zillow will likely continue partnering with agents [27:56]
- How Michelle holds her agents accountable [32:26]
- What Ava is and why it’s great for engaging leads [36:36]
- Michelle’s follow-up strategy [40:26]
- An important lesson Michelle learned while growing her team [44:34]
- Michelle’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [46:23]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Michelle first started in the business when her parents decided to join the housing boom and flip houses. After buying their fourth house of the year, the realtor they were working with suggested she get her real estate license. And thus began Michelle’s career in real estate… about a year before the housing crash.
The first several years were a struggle, as the market crashed further than anyone had anticipated. Michelle considered getting out along with numerous other agents who were quitting in droves, but decided to consider it another challenge. And since she loves challenges, she used her creativity to make it work in this new market. She knew that she was doing well when a long time agent came up to her and said, “You know, I’m starting to see your name quite a bit now.” Michelle’s success comes from determination, creativity and a fanatical attention to detail. These traits have served her well over many years.
To recharge, Michelle likes to spend time outdoors with her children (especially with horses), garden and teach her kids how to raise animals.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Save 90% on Real Estate Training During the 12 Days of Christmas Sale!
- Yoo Homes Realty | Greater Madison Homes
- Download Michelle’s Onboarding Checklist from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!