The next downturn is coming. Are you ready for it? Broker Mike Bjorkman is, and he’s here today to share several ways listeners like you can prepare for major market changes. In addition to exploring alternative business sources in the real estate sphere, he covers the things agents can do to protect their commissions and keep potential clients from turning to discount brokerages. Mike also explains how he managed to hire over 100 agents in less than one year, runs through his best prospecting script, and more. Don’t miss it!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Mike’s brief bio [3:55]
- Different businesses Mike runs in the real estate sphere [4:35]
- The business model Mike believes will last until the next major shift [5:17]
- Mike’s market predictions for the next five years [7:32]
- Ways to prepare for the next downturn [9:42]
- Why most people don’t get into property management [13:11]
- How to leverage property management services for more listings [17:00]
- Why notices of default are on the rise [22:20]
- Why Mike hasn’t started a mortgage company [29:06]
- How Mike hired over 100 agents in less than one year [29:50]
- Proof that the co-op commission is at risk [32:33]
- Mike’s best script [41:20]
- How Mike beats out the companies that charge one-percent commissions [51:07]
- Mike’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [56:51]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
People who know him well will tell you: There’s a lot more to Mike Bjorkman than meets the eye. A Placerita Canyon native, Mike comes from three generations of Santa Clarita homeowners. He watched the small-town community of his childhood grow up around him, and when it was his turn, Mike chose to pursue real estate — taking on his role in the city’s future with duty and pride. Today, Mike knows Santa Clarita, from its streets to its people to its heart, like most people know their next-door neighbors. His larger-than-life personality has become a hallmark of Santa Clarita’s business galas and charity events, and he consistently serves local nonprofits as a board member, volunteer and party host. After three decades in real estate and a lifetime in Santa Clarita, it’s safe to say Mike has become a driving force in this town.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- HomeSmart | Team Bjorkman
- HomeSmart – Real Estate Made Easy
- Download Mike’s 30 Day Action plan to opening a management company in our Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!