Hear how to build wealth in real estate using the systems and real estate investing strategy Mitch Stephen has used to purchase over 1,500 houses himself. Fed up with being a landlord and watching his cash flow disappear with expenses and liabilities, Mitch started focusing on owner financing strategies which have helped him find financial freedom. Hear how to choose the right market to invest, his key to acquiring houses without using his own money, how systems lead to success and freedom, and much more.
Mitch Stephen has been a self-employed RE investor for 20+ years. His real estate investing career started at the age of 23 when he read “Nothing Down” by Robert Allen.
Mitch, together with his wife, Tommi, and his daughter, Shannon purchased their fair share of local houses. Their company, Independence Day, Inc., has bought and sold over 1,300 properties in and about San Antonio, Tx since 1996. This company specializes in buying distressed properties with OPM and selling those properties with Owner Financing.
The Stephen family built wealth by purchasing very affordable homes, selling them for double the cost, and owner financing the sale by creating note to their buyer. In 1991, the family made plans to keep their wealth and create “Forever Money” by acquiring Self-Storage and Boat Storage facilities primarily around Canyon Lake where they live in Texas. They started with 13 boat storages in front of a state park at the lake, and the storage business has grown to over 1,100 storage doors in 16 locations.
Join us as Mitch shares his mindset and a glance at his journey to becoming a Real Estate Rockstar by changing communities and helping over 1,000 families stop renting and start owning.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Mitch’s brief bio and his business [3:53]
- Mitch’s key for acquiring houses without using his own money [9:08]
- The core belief of owner financing business [10:43]
- Mitch’s book series – My Life & 1,000 Houses [11:32]
- What Mitch does each and every day to be successful [12:16]
- What Mitch says to people who say they couldn’t do it in their market [21:07]
- Mitch’s advice on the type of market to look for [21:37]
- Mitch’s standards and systems freeing him from day to day business activities [23:29]
- Mitch’s advice for people who want to start up with a similar business [26:26]
- Mitch’s book recommendation [28:56]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more!
Related Links and Resources:
- Mitch Stephen
- My Life and 1,000 Houses: Failing Forward to Financial Freedom by Mitch Stephen
- 200+ Ways to Find Bargain Properties by Mitch Stephen
- The Art of Owner Financing by Mitch Stephen
- Cash4Houses.NET: 4 Ways To Sell Your San Antonio House
- Homes2Go.NET: We Sell Homes, Owner-Financed Affordable Homes for You and Your Family
- Moat Note Servicing: Expert in Real Estate Investing and Owner Financing Since 1997
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!