Do you know how valuable VA loan eligibility really is? On today’s podcast, Navy veteran and agent Phil Capron shares several strategies veterans can leverage to make millions in real estate. Phil also breaks down the benefits of VA loans, when NOT to get a VA loan, and the questions to ask when vetting agents and loan officers. For agents listening in, Phil offers great advice on working with current and former servicemembers, including one of the best ways for buyer’s agents to bring value to veteran clients. Don’t miss it!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Phil’s brief bio [1:56]
- Phil’s experience serving in the Navy’s Maritime Special Ops [3:00]
- How Phil’s first VA-financed property got him hooked on real estate [5:37]
- The benefits of VA loans [8:03]
- How to become a millionaire by leveraging your VA loan [10:30]
- How VA loan eligibility could change on January 1st [16:33]
- A cash-out refi strategy for veterans [18:58]
- Mistakes veterans make when shopping around for a loan [24:40]
- Questions to ask when vetting agents and loan officers [31:46]
- Reasons NOT to use a VA loan [33:26]
- How to bring massive value to veteran buyers as an agent [34:06]
- Why NOT to live on base while in the service [36:26]
- The pros and cons to leasing to a servicemember [37:56]
- Final words of advice on working with veterans [40:49]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Prior to diving head first into multifamily real estate, Phil served honorably as a Naval Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewman (SWCC) in the Navy in 2008, where he spent his days jumping out of planes, shooting, and manning the radios on the small fast boats that take Navy SEALs and other Special Operations personnel to and from their missions in non-permissive areas of the world. While he enjoyed doing these, Phil VA-hacked a property, renting rooms out to his peers. He realized that while those activities could generate a lot of revenue, between 2014-2018 he flipped over 30 houses, and now he owns 200+ units! Upon separation from active duty, Phil sold residential real estate and flipped homes.
Phil enjoys sharing his knowledge and isn’t afraid to talk about his failures so that others can learn from them. He is a Senior Mentor with the Michael Blank Organization and loves coaching his students through their first deal, because he knows that once that happens financial freedom is within reach for them.
Although Phil is a beach boy at heart and spent 7 summers working as a lifeguard for the Ocean City MD Beach Patrol, he spends his time coaching, raising money for his privately held real estate fund, and traveling around the country to look at new projects and to check on his existing portfolio. For fun, he enjoys surfing, skydiving, going to concerts, and is always up for an adventure.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- Get Tribe of Millionaires by Pat Hiban and David Osborn for FREE
- Phil Capron’s Facebook Page
- Phil Capron’s LinkedIn
- Phil Capron’s Twitter
- Phil Capron | BiggerPockets
- Your VA Loan: How it Can Make You a Millionaire by Phil Capron
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Your 7-Figure Real Estate Income is 6 Simple Steps Away…
Get a FREE Copy of Pat Hiban’s best-selling book, 6 Steps to 7 Figures: A Real Estate Professional’s Guide to Building Wealth and Creating Your Own Destiny.