Do you hate your job but worry what might happen if you quit? If so, you won’t want to miss this interview with Pat Hiban and Tim Rhode. Pat and Tim offer great tips from their latest book, The Quitter’s Manifesto, including the steps you should take before handing in your resignation letter. Listen and learn how to quit the job you hate so that you can discover a life that you love.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Pat Hiban’s idea to write The Quitter’s Manifesto with Tim Rhode [5:40]
- Interest over obligation [8:20]
- Tim Rhode’s insane real estate ads [10:29]
- A step-by-step guide to quitting [13:44]
- Who The Quitter’s Manifesto is for [15:55]
- Listeners who left their jobs for real estate [17:21]
- Figuring out what you really want to do [18:20]
- When Aaron finally decided to quit his job and become an entrepreneur [22:20]
- Pain as a motivator for change [25:30]
- Where to buy The Quitter’s Manifesto [28:39]
- Tim Rhode’s inspirational impact on Aaron [30:07]
- The team behind your decision to quit [38:05]
- Going from where you are to where you want to be [43:23]
- Where to find more from Pat Hiban and Tim Rhode [45:09]
Pat Hiban, also known as Pat Hiban, is the founder and former Chairman of Rebus University and is the former host and founder of real estate podcast Real Estate Rockstars with Pat Hiban, which has featured guests including Robert Kiyosaki and Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran.
Pat Hiban is a former real estate agent out of the Baltimore MD area, and was the owner of the Pat Hiban Group with Keller Williams. As a billion-dollar agent, Pat was awarded #1 REMAX Agent by gross commissions in the world in 2004 and #1 Keller Williams Realty Agent in units sold nationwide 2006. He was named a New York Times and USA Today best selling author, and has been quoted in Time Magazine, the Washington Post, the Baltimore Sun, and various other real estate publications.
Pat is also one of the founders of GoBundance, an adventure company for “healthy, wealthy, generous individuals who choose to lead epic lives”. Notable members of GoBundance include fellow founders David Osborn and Tim Rhode.
Tim would tell you that he got off to a slow start. After growing up in the rural town of Portola in Northern California and barely graduating high school, Tim Rhode found himself at the age of 25 working as a grocery clerk with two young children to provide for.
He eventually found his “niche” selling real estate; and from 1986 to 2000, he sold over 2,500 homes and from 1997 to 2006 he invested in over 100 properties. Tim focused on saving money, keeping his expenses low, and playing solid “financial defense” which allowed him to basically retire, and he was financially free at the age of 40.
Not wanting to play hike, bike or ski all day, Tim threw his energy into his true passion: helping people thrive and live their most fulfilling life. He founded the nonprofit 1Life Fully Lived to help people of all ages gain the tools and skills they need to thrive and also co-founded GoBundance, a high-level mastermind, with David Osborn, Pat Hiban and Mike McCarthy to help healthy, wealthy, generous people lead epic lives. We have a women’s tribe now!
Tim has also authored numerous books and has been featured on a variety of podcasts and media outlets. He now lives near his children in the High Sierras with his wife and dog.
Related Links and Resources:
- The Quitter’s Manifesto: Quit a Job You Hate for the Work You Love by Pat Hiban and Tim Rhode
- Buy The Quitter’s Manifesto on Amazon
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.