Want more real estate referrals but hate asking for them? No problem! Author Stacey Brown Randall joins us today to share the five-step referral system from her latest book, Generating Business Referrals …Without Asking. In addition to exploring the best referral sources for real estate agents, Stacey covers ways to stay top of mind with past clients and the language agents can use to plant what she calls “referral seeds.” If you’re interested in learning a proven system for maximizing referral-based business, don’t miss this Real Estate Rockstars!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Stacey’s brief bio [3:03]
- Why agents get rejected when asking for referrals [7:14]
- The process for creating an explosion of real estate referrals [9:21]
- How to identify referral sources [10:35]
- The best place to turn for new referrals [14:17]
- How to identify “natural connectors” [18:01]
- The best way to thank people for referrals [26:24]
- How to write a great thank-you note [29:07]
- Ways to maintain top-of-mind awareness with referral sources [32:47]
- Language to use for generating more referrals [41:47]
- How to automate the referral-generation process [52:39]
- Stacey’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [55:38]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Stacey Brown Randall
In 2007, Stacey decided to take the entrepreneurial leap and left her safe W-2 job to join a small company where she would come in as a partner and run and manage a new division completely in line with her expertise. A year later, with a 4-month-old, Stacey had a client encourage her to leave that small firm and start her own company. They would become Stacey’s first and biggest client for two years. Until they weren’t and then she had to quickly start bringing on new clients to survive.
It didn’t end well and Stacey wished she could blame the recession. But that wouldn’t be true.
During months and months of reflection and talking to other successful business owners, Stacey discovered where it all went wrong. One main point of contention was not establishing a system to bring in new clients in a way that worked for her.
Stacey’s clients had to know, like and trust her to hire her. And they were more willing to take the recommendation of a colleague than just randomly find Stacey on the internet. So all that “brand and credibility” building she did was for not.
What Stacey needed – but didn’t have – was a way to generate referrals. While working at the “corporate” job after the business failed she researched referrals. But Stacey didn’t like what she found. It didn’t fit her, her values and it left her feeling inauthentic.
So, Stacey set out to crack the code on generating referrals WITHOUT asking and crack it she did. Once Stacey left the job and started her next entrepreneurial adventure, she applied her referral strategy and had crazy success.
Stacey have been able to generate triple digit referrals (more than 100) year over year. In her first year alone as a business coach, she generated 112 referrals that she did not ask for.
When demand for Stacey coaching services went up, supply went down and her clients noticed. It was harder to get on her schedule and they wanted to know why. So, Stacey started teaching them her referral plan and they started having the same success as well. In some cases, better success than her.
So today, in addition to sharing Stacey’s knowledge over on her blog and YouTube channel, she creates training programs for relationship building business owners who want to generate clients consistently and continuously by referrals without having asking for them. Stacey loves helping people realize it is easier than you think once you know what to do.
Stacey’s programs are based on her years of testing – on herself and with her clients – and figuring out what works. You could say she’s obsessed with all thing referrals.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Home – Stacey Brown Randall
- Growth by Referrals
- Facebook Page
- Stacey’s previous podcast: Episode 396
- Generating Business Referrals – A Simple 5 Step Plan to Unleashing a Referral Explosion
- Generating Business Referrals …Without Asking: 5 Steps to Generate Business Referrals by Stacey Brown Randall
- Download Stacey’s Generating Business Referrals …Without Asking (Chapter 2) in our Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!