Buying or selling a home isn’t just a transaction to your clients; that’s why you, as their Realtor, shouldn’t treat it that way. On today’s podcast with Scott Harris, we discuss why real estate is a people-first business and how treating it as such will increase your sales and success. Scott also covers how a psychology degree can help you close more deals, shares ways to avoid burnout in a busy industry, and offers tips to help your business hit the next level.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- About Scott Harris [3:34]
- Scott’s start in real estate [4:45]
- Parallels between the music business and the real estate industry [6:27]
- How a psychology degree can help you in real estate [7:43]
- Being a real person in real estate [13:08]
- Genuinely caring for clients [13:19]
- How to hit the next level with your real estate business [17:43]
- Finding your “why” in real estate [20:05]
- About Scott’s upcoming book, No Small Moves [21:16]
- Shaping who you are and designing your day [24:40]
- High praise for Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning [28:11]
- Running your section of the market live a riverboat captain [29:29]
- Ways to avoid burnout in real estate [31:13]
- Mistakes Scott learned regarding communication [33:54]
- Listening and asking for help with what you’re not good at [39:02]
- Creating a vision for clients [41:33]
- Proof that building trust with clients pays off big [45:23]
Scott Harris has taken this insight to heart from a young age. As a short, chubby kid who shopped in the “husky” section of the department store, he soon found a place as a stubby, scrappy running back on his high school football team, and found his leadership style: Being an inspirational presence- A Cheerleader.
His inspirational adventures continued, and do so today. Non-stop touring as a professional singer in his 20’s and work on the business side of the music business in Boston led him to New York City. In 2002, Scott founded the Harris Residential Team.
Over two decades later, Scott Harris has been involved in the marketing and sales of nearly $1 Billion in New York City residential property transactions. Scott has been recognized among the top 250 agents in the nation, in sales volume, by the WSJ/Real Trends Top 1000 list.
Over the years, as a singer, runner, writer, father, tour guide, creative thinker, football captain, team leader, and so much more, Scott life’s work has been to provide inspirational leadership through life’s challenges. He’s been honored to lead thousands of people into their dream homes.
As an entrepreneur, Scott has built a number of business, both for-profit and philanthropic. By focusing on everything from team-building and leadership, to the spread of ideas and the dynamic world in which they grow, Scott has been able to motivate and inspire countless people in New York City and beyond.
Scott is completing his book, “Finding Home,” set to be released in 2022. He lives with his wife and their three children on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Related Links and Resources:
- Finding Home: Scott Harris’ Podcast
- The Harris Residential Team
- The Harris Residential Team’s TikTok Page
- Scott Harris’ Website
- Caleb Spears’ Instagram
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.