If you’ve been listening to the podcast for some time, you know it’s not uncommon for a new real estate agent to go six months without closing a single deal. That’s what makes Sean McDonnell’s story so inspiring. In just one year, he closed 24 deals by niching down with what he knows best: real estate investing. On today’s podcast, Sean shares tips that other new agents can apply to turn their unique experience into a skillset that separates them from the competition. Listen in and learn how to excel in this industry just by being you.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Sean’s start in real estate [2:05]
- Sean’s real estate investments and investing goals [4:45]
- The great thing about investing in real estate [6:22]
- Why investors often become successful real estate agents [13:30]
- Sean’s real estate team and transactions [17:14]
- How Sean closed 24 deals his first year in real estate [19:14]
- Tips on structuring a real estate business [25:54]
- Typical business expenses for a team leader [28:16]
- Thoughts on partnering with your life partner in business [30:16]
- Important tax considerations for real estate agents [31:45]
- Sean’s biggest source of new buyer clients: real estate meet ups [35:33]
- How Sean helps military members transition into real estate [39:50]
- Why assertive agents are better agents [42:23]
Sean graduated from the Naval Academy in 2012 and served as an Infantry Officer in the Marine Corps for 7 years. He began investing in real estate in 2016 and has since built a portfolio of short and long term rental properties. In May 2019, he completed his service with the Marine Corps and dove into real estate full time.
Sean founded Quiet Waters Realty Group, brokered by Exp Realty, in January 2021 in order to provide an investor friendly, highly proficient team of real estate agents ready to go above and beyond for their clients. The team is composed primarily of Navy and Marine Corps Veterans and spouses who also invest in real estate and are passionate about the freedoms and financial security that real estate can provide.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- Enroll in Pat Hiban’s 6 Weeks to 7 Figures Course
- Quiet Waters Realty Group
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.