Do you know how to track real estate data and how to use it to make better business decisions? If not, you won’t want to miss today’s podcast with Shawn Anderson and Jon Parker of Anderson Hicks Group. These guys are masters of data collection and data analysis, two skills that every agent needs in a shifting market. Listen and learn where to start with data collection and how to effectively utilize the data you collect to drive stronger sales.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- About Shawn Anderson and Jon Parker [4:09]
- About Anderson Hicks Group [5:00]
- Shawn’s favorite systems and software [6:03]
- Tracking transactions and the actions required to close deals [9:10]
- Where to start when tracking real estate data [12:30]
- Tips on creating an Excel sheet for data tracking [15:06]
- An example of real-world data and how it drives decisions [28:30]
- Lead and lag measures [36:09]
- The best time to get rich in real estate [50:16]
- The perfect product for educating clients on market conditions [52:16]
- The first secret to surviving a market shift [58:39]
- How data points can help you win listings [59:49]
- A tool for tracking showing data [1:01:22]
- Shawn’s advice for real estate agents [1:04:22]
- Jon’s advice on real estate data [1:05:20]
Shawn is an experienced, top producing real estate agent that loves life, his family, God, and his career. He is passionate about what he does and that passion serves his clients well.
After graduating from a prominent business school in 2002, Shawn returned to his home town of Idaho Falls and joined a technology company that specialized in developing software for the residential mortgage industry. After 4 years, Shawn left his position as Director of Account Relations to join a partnership in the Real Estate industry. Before his first year was over, Shawn was ranked in the top 5 Realtors in all of Bonneville County. Since then, Shawn has started his own real estate team and they consistently rank in the top 3 teams in Eastern Idaho.
With a keen understanding of business needs and technology, Jon excels at bridging the gap between business speak and IT speak. He interfaces well with all levels of the organization and can function as the collaborative glue to drive strategy, project delivery, and technical operations.
Jon is passionate about solving business problems with technology. He believes that how we look at and use data to make actionable decisions can drive significant change and productivity in any business. With proper enterprise data architecture, data warehouse technologies, enterprise reporting, and executive dashboards, any business can focus on their goals while managing the daily whirlwind.
Related Links and Resources:
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.