What’s it like working as a commercial broker? Find out on today’s podcast with Silvio Petriello, the vice chairman of CBRE Group. Silvio has more than 20 years of commercial real estate experience and works with many of New York City’s top private equity firms. During the interview, Pat and Silvio discuss the differences between residential and commercial real estate before diving into how working as a commercial broker has changed in the last couple decades. Silvio also shares his thoughts on catering to a niche clientele, getting started in commercial real estate, and more.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Silvio’s brief bio [2:30]
- Why commercial deals take longer to close [4:49]
- How commissions work for commercial agents [6:21]
- Silvio’s average commercial deal in New York [8:34]
- The differences between commercial and residential real estate [10:20]
- How commercial real estate has changed in the last 20 years [14:19]
- How niching helps commercial agents [16:57]
- Commercial real estate fees [19:48]
- How splits work for commercial agents [26:10]
- How Compass disrupted residential real estate [31:59]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Silvio Petriello serves as Vice Chairman and Co-Head of CBRE’s Alternative Investments Practice (AIP). With more than 20 years of industry experience, Silvio specializes in assisting firms in the Alternative Investments sector with comprehensive real estate strategies. His extensive client list includes some of the world’s most prominent hedge funds and private equity firms. In addition to his astute deal making, Silvio provides advisory services to Alternative Investment firms on real estate issues and opportunities within their investment portfolios.
As an aggressive and skillful negotiator, Silvio leverages his real estate consultancy background, strong market insight and keen understanding of transaction intricacies to creatively structure deals. He has consistently ranked as one of CBRE’s top producers globally, most recently in the Top 3% (Colbert Coldwell Circle).
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- Get Tribe of Millionaires by Pat Hiban and David Osborn for FREE
- United States Commercial Real Estate Services
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!