2020 was a year unlike any other, one that left many Americans struggling to make ends meet. But despite all of the economic uncertainty, home values climbed to record highs. Will this trend continue in 2021? On today’s State of the Market podcast with Kelly Skeval, we analyze opposing market projections and offer our predictions for real estate in 2021. Plus, we cover the $2.3 billion stimulus bill just signed by President Trump and discuss what it’s like owning rental property right now.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Kids going back to school [2:56]
- Big-city homeowners flock to small towns [4:11]
- 2020: Kelly’s best year in real estate [5:40]
- Kelly’s latest multifamily investment [7:44]
- Kelly and Aaron share their thoughts on section 8 tenants [8:14]
- New stimulus bill signed by President Trump [13:44]
- Experts estimate landlords owed $70 billion in back rent [22:46]
- Real estate market projections for 2021 [27:14]
- Kelly’s predictions for real estate in 2021 [32:34]
- Tips for buyers on building a strong offer [36:34]
- Plus so much more.
Kelly moved to Ithaca in 2005 after attaining her degree in Veterinary Technology and continued her career in veterinary medicine at Cornell University until her first child was born. Kelly had an active interest in real estate long before her and her husband, a Trumansburg native, decided to purchase their first home. When they did, they turned it into an owner occupied duplex and were able to use that foundation to further expand their real estate portfolio to include 5 properties and 10 units.
In addition, Kelly and her husband owned a home energy auditing business. Being a BPI certified energy auditor she was able to assess homes and building envelopes then make recommendations to homeowners on how to make improvements that would save energy and make their homes more efficient.
It is Kelly’s knowledge in many aspects of real estate including but not limited to single family buying and selling, rental properties, new construction, property management, building envelopes and business ownership that make her an ideal person to help you in your real estate endeavors. Purchasing or selling a home is a big decision and Kelly prides herself on offering quality customer service along with knowledge and compassion.
In her spare time, Kelly enjoys spending time with her husband and their two small children exploring the Fingerlakes region and all that it has to offer.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- Enroll in Pat Hiban’s 6 Weeks to 7 Figures Course
- Episode 904 with Kelly Skeval
- Kelly’s Facebook
- Kelly’s LinkedIn
- Kelly’s Twitter
- Kelly’s Instagram
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.