With home prices reaching record highs, many Americans are waiting for “the right time to buy.” That time may never come. On today’s podcast with BiggerPockets’ David Greene, we discuss the factors driving current market conditions and speculate on just how expensive homes could be in years to come. It’s a scary thought, but this might be working-class America’s last shot at homeownership. Hear why on this State of the Market.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Today’s crazy real estate markets [3:43]
- Why David’s being extremely picky with buyers right now [5:11]
- How badly the lack of new construction is hurting inventory [8:01]
- Challenges holding home builders back [10:36]
- Real estate as a hedge against inflation [15:40]
- Why a new-homebuyer tax credit is a bad idea [20:38]
- How eliminating capital gains taxes would help the housing market [21:55]
- What’s responsible for the current housing inventory shortage [22:46]
- Why average Americans may not be able to buy a house in the future [26:36]
- The relatively low barriers to home ownership right now [27:17]
- David’s script for on-the-fence buyers [29:06]
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- Enroll in Pat Hiban’s 6 Weeks to 7 Figures Course
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- SOLD: Every Real Estate Agent’s Guide to Building a Profitable Business by David Greene
- David’s links from show notes here
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.