NerdWallet’s Holden Lewis has reported on mortgages since 2001, and he called the last housing bubble years before it burst. Today, he joins us to share his real estate predictions for 2021. One of these predictions is that 30-year mortgage rates will rise, possibly as early as next week. Hear how high mortgage rates could climb by 2022 and what you need to be telling buyer clients right now. Plus, Holden shares why a housing crash is unlikely, when home builders could come back in a big way, and more.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Holden’s prediction for mortgage rates this year [3:00]
- What agents need to tell buyer clients right now [6:10]
- How rising rates could impact property prices [9:10]
- Why Holden does not believe we’re in a bubble [10:27]
- States fast track accessory dwelling unit (ADU) approvals [13:43]
- 2021’s hottest real estate markets [15:26]
- When home builders could come back big [16:39]
- The Fed’s fast response to the economic impact of the pandemic [23:04]
- The US’ K-shaped recovery from Covid-19 [25:44]
- A way for the government to incentivize real estate investors to sell [30:43]
- Holden’s long-term real estate predictions [32:09]
- Why Holden isn’t worried about hyperinflation [36:07]
- How high mortgage rates could be by 2022 [38:16]
- What will likely help the US avoid a foreclosure crisis [39:14]
- Where to follow Holden [42:05]
No one wants to think about mortgages until they need one. Then they want to learn everything they can. That’s when they find Holden Lewis.
Holden is NerdWallet’s authority on mortgages and real estate. He has reported about mortgages since 2001, covering a boom, a bust and a recovery. He has been president of the National Association of Real Estate Editors and has won writing awards from NAREE, the Society of American Business Editors and Writers, and the Society of Professional Journalists. In 2014, he addressed NeighborWorks America’s annual conference on the subject of homeownership in the era of change.
Holden gives consumers information to help them make constructive decisions, focusing on mortgages, real estate, home equity products, the Fed and how macroeconomic forces affect personal finance. He loves to write clearly about complex subjects.
Holden’s nonwork passions are motorcycles and the outdoors. His ideal getaway involves zooming through the mountains on his Ducati Multistrada by day and camping under the trees by night.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- Enroll in Pat Hiban’s 6 Weeks to 7 Figures Course
- Holden Lewis’ Twitter
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.