2021’s red-hot housing markets have shown no signs of slowing down – until now. On today’s podcast, Andrew Cushman of Vantage Point Acquisitions and Aaron cover reports of slowing home sales. While it may seem counterintuitive, this slowdown is likely a good thing for the market’s long-term stability. Tune in and find out why. Plus, you’ll get our latest predictions for home prices, interest rates, and more.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- About Andrew Cushman [1:25]
- Syndication in a nutshell [1:59]
- What it’s like selling a 132-unit complex in 2021 [4:22]
- Loan options for multifamily properties [7:33]
- Predictions on where the housing market is going [8:49]
- The only chance of getting a good deal right now [12:11]
- How much rents have increased this year [16:03]
- Housing trends show inventory levels increasing [23:30]
- Why slowing growth is actually a good sign for the housing market [28:52]
- Predictions on interest rates [31:18]
- Boomers blamed for the housing shortage [36:34]
- Lumber prices drop by 60 percent [40:38]
- Why 2022 might be a better year for home buyers [44:45]
- Advice on buying and selling property right now [51:23]
- Cities that could be facing foreclosure crisis [57:20]
- Predictions on home prices in 2022 [1:02:18]
Andrew Cushman is a former chemical engineer who found his entrepreneurial calling in real estate. In 2007 Andrew left his corporate position to start a business in real estate investment, starting off flipping single family properties in Southern California. Sensing a shift in the market, in 2011 Andrew transitioned to multifamily acquisitions and has successfully syndicated and repositioned over 2,100 multifamily units. He is a frequent guest and panelist on Real Estate podcasts and educational forums, and recently launched The Multifamily Accelerator: a multifamily mastermind group for active and experienced Real Estate investors. Outside of the business world, Andrew has been a certified alpine ski instructor and when not working in real estate enjoys surfing, backcountry skiing, and trying to not be outwitted by his two young children.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Take Over $13,000 in Real Estate Courses for Just $97
- Enroll in Pat Hiban’s 6 Weeks to 7 Figures Course
- Vantage Point Acquisitions
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.