Costly tax mistakes cut into agents’ profits year after year, and you could be throwing away thousands with each tax return! Diane Gardner, a tax coach who has saved her clients over $1 million in taxes to date, joins us to discuss the top tax mistakes made by real estate agents. Diane covers how agents can get the most out of common deductions, including the home office deduction and auto-related deductions, and why agents shouldn’t be scared of the IRS. She also offers some unique strategies agents can use to pay as little on their taxes as legally possible. Pay close attention to today’s Real Estate Rockstars and hear how to save big on your next tax return!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Diane’s brief background [3:11]
- How planning can reduce your tax liability [4:01]
- Why you shouldn’t be scared of the IRS [6:07]
- The tax benefits of family employment [11:01]
- How to pay for health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses through your business [13:13]
- How to take advantage of the home office deduction [15:03]
- Options for mileage deductions [20:15]
- An app you can use to keep track of purchases [23:42]
- Ways to contribute toward retirement and save on taxes [24:32]
- The number one mistake realtors make when planning for taxes [28:12]
- Where to get Diane’s FREE book [32:50]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Diane Gardner is an expert tax coach, Quilly award recipient, and best-selling author whose proactive planning approach gives clients a leg up on Uncle Sam and helps them dodge the tax bullet. Diane saves small business clients between $5,000 and $50,000 in as little as 60 minutes!
Her tax coaching sessions have resulted in a combined savings of over $700,000 to-date — hard-earned profits small business owners would have given to the government by overpaying taxes.
Leaving no deduction or credit unexamined, Diane ensures professionals like you pay the least amount of taxes allowed by law.
As a licensed Enrolled Agent, Diane prepares returns and helps taxpayers nationwide maximize profits and tax savings. She is a Certified Profit First Professional, an Accredited Tax Preparer and has elite certification as a Certified Tax Coach.
Diane is the co-author of the best-selling books, Stand Apart and Why Didn’t My CPA Tell Me That? She has also authored six other books including her newest, Stop Overpaying Your Taxes! 11 Ways Entrepreneurs Overpay and How to Stop it Now!
She created the nationwide Get Off the Wheel Practice Management Solutions for Accountants and leads the Business Breakthrough Mastermind Group in her hometown of Rathdrum, Idaho.
Diane enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter and grandson in her spare time. She is active in her church, community organizations and several local Chambers of Commerce.
Related Links and Resources:
- Facebook | Adept Business Services
- Get a copy of Diane’s book Stop Overpaying Your Taxes for free!
- Books by Diane Gardner
- Neat Expense Management Scanner Solutions
- MileIQ: Accurate mileage reports. Stress-free logging. All in the palm of your hand.
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!