What if all of your real estate agents, not just your top producer, closed dozens of deals per year? On today’s podcast, the CEO of TM5 Properties, Terrence Murphy, discusses what team leaders can do to ramp up their agents’ production. With an average of 39 annual deals per agent, he clearly knows what it takes. Plus, Terrence shares strategies for investing in real estate, building up an exclusive list of off-market properties, and more, making this one Real Estate Rockstars that no broker should miss!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Terrence’s brief bio [2:41]
- Terrence’s time with the Green Bay Packers [4:23]
- How Terrence got started in real estate [5:37]
- Terrence’s GCI and profit figures [8:28]
- How to ramp up agents’ productivity [9:12]
- Terrence’s real estate investing strategy [16:11]
- How to build an exclusive list of off-market properties [20:04]
- What brokers can learn from McDonalds [22:30]
- The systems and software Terrence relies on [26:05]
- Why Terrence’s training focuses on the fundamentals [33:14]
- Terrence’s strategy for selling as many homes as possible in six months [36:36]
- Terrence’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [38:45]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Terrence Murphy grew up outside of Tyler, TX in Chapel Hill. After an extremely successful football career at Texas A&M, he graduated Class of 2005 and got drafted in the 2nd round (58th overall pick) by the Green Bay Packers. Upon moving to Wisconsin, he was given the opportunity to purchase his first home—a dream come true. Shortly after, he purchased his second home, now owning one in Texas and one in Wisconsin. He fell in love with real estate, began studying on his own, and participated in a home-building internship during the NFL off-season.
After deciding to retire from the NFL, real estate became his main focus and passion. Terrence became a serious investor in the College Station market and acquired numerous rental properties in a short time period. This is where TM5 Properties originated and continues to grow. After two years in the business, Terrence completed his requirements and earned his Broker’s License which gave him the opportunity to expand the company and bring over other agents. TM5 Properties now has several components: real estate brokerage, acquisition department, rental locator, and construction development. Agents at TM5 have seen unprecedented growth in their businesses, some even 500% in one calendar sales year.
From the purchase of his first home to the growth of his investment real estate company, Terrence’s success as one of the top sales agents in Bryan/College Station area is evident. He had the honor of making it into the 50 finalist for the prestigious 30 under 30 NAR Award honoring America’s top Realtors under the age of 30.
Along with the success and growth of TM5 Properties, he personally completed 75 transactions and a total sales volume right above $20 Million in 2012, ranking him in the top 1% of Realtors in the Bryan-College Station market in just his third year in the business. He also has found a knack for listing and selling ranch land. He was one of the only Realtors in the Bryan/College Station market to close four or more transactions that were minimum 500+ acre tracts in one calendar sales year.
Terrence is a Realtor who possesses the same traits that he portrayed on the football field: passion, work ethic, dedication, loyalty, desire to succeed, and knowledge – all of which help his clients receive superior service. Please contact Terrence with any of your real estate needs.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- Rebus University’s Certified Buyer Agent Course
- Rebus University’s Certified ISA Manager Course
- The Terrence Murphy Team
- Real Estate Webmasters
- Download Terrence’s Lead Generation Log from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!