People expect real estate agents to be highly skilled negotiators, but most agents haven’t taken a single course on negotiation. Unsurprisingly, consumer complaints about agents’ poor negotiation skills are rampant. Today’s guest, Tim Burrell, is trying to change that. He trains agents around the country on how to become better negotiators, and he’s here to provide a crash course on negotiating real estate deals. Listen and learn how to negotiate better so that you can close more deals successfully!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- One thing almost all agents struggle with [3:14]
- Tim’s brief bio [4:15]
- The most important part of effective negotiation [6:04]
- A simple fix for one of agents’ biggest problems [9:58]
- How affiliation affects negotiation [14:35]
- Why pushing too hard backfires [19:07]
- An important note on status [24:46]
- Some role-related strategies for negotiating more effectively [27:39]
- One of Tim’s best negotiating tricks [32:15]
- Tim’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [36:30]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Tim Burrell’s experience as a Realtor since 1979 gives you the wisdom and tools you need when buying or selling real estate. While he is a full time Realtor, Tim is also licensed as an Attorney in California since 1973, so you get additional protection from my legal education. The NC Real Estate Commission has approved Tim to teach other Realtors, so he has more understanding of real estate sales. The two books he has written have been well received, even selling internationally. Being a member of the RE/MAX Hall of Fame and a Legend according to Prudential Real Estate indicate Tim is a leading Realtor. Tim’s strongest trait is his care and understanding for families, which came from being married the girl he held hands with in grade school since 1969. They have two children and six grandchildren. Tim’s hobbies are Windsurfing, Skiing, Flying Single Engine Airplanes and Golden Retrievers.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Tim Burrell | Home
- First Time Home Buyer Guide
- Raleigh North Carolina Real Estate – Team For YOUr Dreams Real Estate
- Raleigh – Durham Relocation
- Tim’s previous podcast: Episode 234
- Beyond Reason: Using Emotions as You Negotiate by Roger Fisher and Daniel Shapiro
- Rebus University Certified Price Reduction Course
- Download Tim’s 17 Point Negotiating Checklist in our Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!