Ready to take your real estate career to the next level? Today’s guest, 30 Under 30 Honoree Will Wiard, has some great tips that will help you make it happen! Will talks transitioning from agent to managing broker before breaking out advice for others hoping to excel in similar roles. His advice on merging old-fashioned service with today’s technology, for instance, is invaluable to anyone who manages a diverse team of agents. Will even explains exactly how he helps his agents set and exceed real estate goals regardless of market conditions. If you’re looking for ways to be the best broker possible, this is one episode of Real Estate Rockstars you can’t miss!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Will’s brief bio [2:28]
- The number of agents on Will’s team and how much business they did last year [3:43]
- How a call during a trip to Peru changed the course of Will’s career [4:50]
- What Will’s schedule is like as a managing broker [8:15]
- Will’s thoughts on making NAR’s 30 Under 30 list [9:02]
- What Will does differently as an office manager [12:31]
- How older agents compare to younger agents [13:52]
- What it took to merge old-fashioned service with today’s technology [17:29]
- How Will transitioned from real estate agent to managing broker [20:01]
- Will’s best practices and advice for other managing brokers [23:04]
- How Will helps his agents set and exceed their real estate goals [25:45]
- An easy way to help first-time buyers get all the information they need [30:38]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Will Wiard is an accomplished professional who has experience working with clients on a wide range of real estate endeavors applying his entrepreneurial spirit to advance their short- and long-term goals. He has represented various clients, including third-party agencies and venture capitalists, both overseas and in the United States. Most recently, he was ranked as one of the 30 under 30 outstanding real estate professionals in the country by the National Association of Realtors Magazine in 2017.
After serving as Principal Broker of Kelly Real Estate of Ashburn, VA, for more three years, and working in the field internationally for twelve, he’s now focused his career on residential and commercial real estate in the Washington Metropolitan area. Having worked within commercial real estate for several years, Wiard has developed resourceful insight in strategic marketing methodologies, as well as strong credentials in sales, leasing, and administrative processes associated with commercial properties.
Currently, as the Managing Broker for Weichert in Old Town Alexandria he’s been tasked with leading one of the most prestigious offices within the Weichert Organization. In addition he sits on the Board of Directors for the Virginia Realtors Association. He is also actively involved with the Young Professionals Network (YPN) both at the state and local level, a member of both the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors (NVAR) Cares Committee and the Public Policy Committee, and an ambassador to another local association in Virginia. He is also an ongoing sterling level supporter of the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC), which supports political candidates across the country who understand and support REALTOR® interests.
Wiard has a background in art, graphic design and web development, and has conceptualized, built and operated both corporate and social media websites. He is an Expert in Tae Kwon Do, conflict resolutions and taught self- defense for the Fairfax County Public Schools for five years before relocating to Arlington, VA. He attended George Mason University from which he has a Bachelor’s of Arts in Art and Graphic Design. Wiard currently lives in Arlington, Virginia.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Weichert: Realtors, Real Estate, Homes for Sale
- Weichert Alexandria / Old Town
- Download Will’s 10 Steps to Buying a Home for free here!
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!
Audible-Your first book is FREE!!! click here and get a 30 day free trial –Click Here Now
Read the New York Times Best Selling Book with an introduction by Gary Keller – Read Now